need some assistance

I have a few questions since I have already spent considerable time and money on electrolysis and would like to actually see results. I have spent over 18 months and $5,000 on my arms alone and cannot believe the lack of results. I spent my savings and thought I could have done several other areas by now. I have been religious with my appointments, but I am noticing regrowth, that I know is darker than before…I fear she may be tweezing. This is bringing me to tears and impacting my life to a large degree. I have had thermolysis with a practitioner using an Apilus machine (which from research I know is a good machine). I have no hormone problems and when I started the hair was fine and medium but dark brown and unattractive, I want to be porcelain smooth and hair free to feel normal again…The problem is now I have patchy spots and regrowth that is even more noticeable because it is more patchy (i.e. a small bare spot and then a patch of hair). I regret even starting this, so here are my questions but I need to finish without totally wiping out my finances…

1. If my practitioner has never given me full clearance after all of this time, is she just chasing hairs rather than getting clear and those in anagen stage?
  2. Can fine and medium hair be treated? When it is removed there is a dark bulb at the end that can be seen with the naked eye. One practioner said this type of hair could not be treated, I thought any color or texture of hair could be treated, which was the advantage of electrolysis…
  3. Has anyone, anywhere out there had success in treating this type of hair, a consumer or an electrologist and if so where—I am willing to travel anywhere at this point…
    Thank you in advance, sorry this is lengthy, but I really need advise…Thanks again…

I will do my best to answer your questions in a way that you will best understand the anwers. Feel free to PM me for more information.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>The problem is now I have patchy spots and regrowth that is even more noticeable because it is more patchy (i.e. a small bare spot and then a patch of hair) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Since your electrologist is apparently thinning out your hair all over the arm you would end up with area that have had more hair removed than others. Most likely the hair that seems thicker is just hair that has not been treated but looks larger because it is next to previously treated hairs, or hairs that have been victum of “collateral damage” due to treatment of adjacent follicles.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>If my practitioner has never given me full clearance after all of this time, is she just chasing hairs rather than getting clear and those in anagen stage? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Your practitioner is actually progressing towards your clearance. There is a limit to just how fast this can be done. I don’t know what her personal limit is compared to the natural limit dictated by the laws of physics, but just the same the formula is Number of hairs per square inch/centimeter divided by the number of hairs per minute she can reasonably expect to clear on YOU in the area you are having treated, times the total number of square inches/centimeters in the treatment area.
I can’t say that your practitioner is, or is not doing the best job you can get, but if there is someone who is both good, and faster, you may want to investigate that possibility. You did get sample treatments from as many practitioners as you could before you chose her didn’t you?

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Can fine and medium hair be treated? When it is removed there is a dark bulb at the end that can be seen with the naked eye. One practioner said this type of hair could not be treated, I thought any color or texture of hair could be treated, which was the advantage of electrolysis… </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>On this you have gotten lost in the language. Hopefully I can clear this up for you. Electrolysis, unlike laser, is effective on any hair anyplace anywhere. Having said that, you must understand that the hair that is perfectly treatable so that one can treat it once, and never again is a growing hair in anagen stage. Color doesn’t come into it at all. When the hairs go into shedding or resting phase, they are less, and less treatable. Some would say not treatable at all, but my experience and that of many others strongly suggests that these hairs are at least damaged if not destroyed in the treatment process. The practitioner who showed you this was trying to say, "Here is a hair that although treated, may grow back at some point because it was not in the perfect phase for treatment. She was not saying that the treatment on that hair was worthless. Neither was she saying that you would always have a hair in that follicle, which is what you seem to have taken her words to mean.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Has anyone, anywhere out there had success in treating this type of hair, a consumer or an electrologist and if so where—I am willing to travel anywhere at this point… </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Lots of people have had success both treating this area, and being the recipient of such successful treatment. I don’t know that you need to increase your frequent flyer miles as much as you need to be sure that you have checked the abilities of everyone in your area before you look to travel to be completed. Of course, if you should find that you need to do so, there are plenty of electrologists who could help you if you are able to make it to see any of them.

I am sure you will find many people on this forum who have already posted their successful hair removal and who did it for them.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>I regret even starting this,… Thank you in advance, sorry this is lengthy, but I really need advise…Thanks again… </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>You are very welcome. I am sure you will find many who will share your concerns as well as their successes. You need not apologize for the length of your post. Just look at the length of the reply! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Now go to our sister site www.HairFacts.com and read up on the stuff you need to know. It will help you understand your treatment better, and if you chose, it will help you find the best electrologist near you.

Wow, thank you so much for that response, I appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions. Your knowledge is amazing and your willingness to take the time to answer very generous. The post was very helpful to me. On a side note, I did ask for full clearance, but quite frankly, I feel my practitioner does not want to put in the time, so perhaps I need to look for someone who is willing to do so. Anyone else with a good experience or practitioner— would be helpful if you let me know. Thanks again James, I know who to ask if I need anything.

You did not fill out your profile completely enough to give a location. If you would do that, and or post your location and travel parameters, it will be much easier to help you find someone close to you who would do the job you want.

Not that it is a sure thing that anyone around her knows someone good near you, just we can’t possibly help you without having a location to pin point.

But at least you are not one of the dozens of people who PM me while having set themselves to “Do not accept PM’s, in addition to no location information.”