Need info on "cyton"

To recap on my story, for the past year or so, Ive been doing laser to my upper lip and chin. Ive done my whole face before and I got the reduction I wanted on my cheeks and jawline, but my lip and chin did not respond favorably. The lower sides of my chin never even shed once.

I have medium-light skin and black hair. I’ve gotten my treatments, about 7 of them, with lightsheer. While my upper lip was eventually all cleared, everything came back in less than a month.

I saw the dermatologist who’s in charge of the clinic I go to, he recommended I switch from lightsheer to “cyton”. I have no information about that machine, I was wondering if anyone here can help.

Search under Sciton.

The Sciton is a high powered Nd:YAG with a scanning handpiece. I had very good results on the beard with the Sciton. Nd:YAG lasers penetrate more deeply into the hair follicle than diode lasers like the Lightsheer. It results in less post-treatment redness and swelling than the diode and alex lasers. It also has a better cooling system.

They had a nice video showing the ClearScan system that provides a 30 X 30 mm spot size, but the video is link is not working right now.

I highly recommend the Sciton. It is the best YAG laser I have tried so far.

RJC2001

This is the following day after the treatment, some 30 hours have passed since my treatment.

Usually, with the lightsheer laser Id get blisters all over my face, but so far Ive had none with the sciton. Good news!

On the other hand, does that mean she should have used higher fluences?

This is the following day after the treatment, some 30 hours have passed since my treatment.

Usually, with the lightsheer laser Id get blisters all over my face, but so far Ive had none with the sciton. Good news!

On the other hand, does that mean she should have used higher fluences?

Not necessarily. You generally will not get blistering from the Sciton. If you shed significant amounts of hair after about 2 weeks, then you will know that sufficient fluences were used. If you don’t shed, that means a high enough fluence was not used.

RJC2001