Need help.

I’m on the hunt for electrolysis in my area. I found a few that seem reputable. I went for a short session yesterday with a real super sweet lady and I’m glad I liked her. I was a little reddish for a short time afterwards but all healed up and can’t even tell today that I had this done yesterday. However, I have just a few concerns in deciding if this is the electrolysis for me, one is that I’ve read on the board that this procedure should not feel as if the hair is being plucked, well it did and I commented to her about it. She stated that since the hair was long and curled out that is why it’s a little difficult to remove it. Is this normal?

Two, I was wondering about the type of method she uses. I don’t know much about the different types but she called it a “galvanic current”. Is this method satisfactory?

Three, she didn’t wear gloves and this concerned me. I asked her if she ever does use them and she said only if I asked her to. She strongly believes in good sanitary but did not use them on me.

I have another appointment with another electrologist on Friday and she uses the “flash thermolysis” method with a machine called instatron. (I’ve never heard of it). Is this method or machine any good or as effective as the blend method? The electrologist claims shes been doing electrology for 15 years.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

As for the first lady, it would be nice if she wore gloves, BUT if she washes or sanitizes her hands properly wth a waterless hand sanitizer gel, then, okay. For many,many years electrologists (and denstists) did not wear gloves and the world did not come tumbling down.
At least she was ammenable to wearing gloves if that’s what you desire.

In the begininng sessions of hair removal, there are hairs of all sizes, colors and stages of growth. It is at this time that you may feel some hairs being more resistant than others. Not all hairs should feel like a pluck, but there can be many where you may feel more resistance because of a bigger root or an old hair with a dry white bulb that just doesn’t want to leave “home”. Growing, moist bulbs are our hopes and dreams because when the right amount of energy is given for the right amount of time, it slides out nicely, but not hairs fit this description in those first appointments leading to the initial clearance. That is why we harp about being aggressive up front to get to that precious first clearance. Once all those offensive hairs are removed, we have an easier task to catch only growing hairs that are coming to the surface. Her explanantion seems reasonable. If she’s using straight galvanic, it will be slow going, but effective. If she is using the blend, which is half galvanic and half thermolysis, it will speed things up and be effective, too.

The lady you will be seeing who does flash thermolysis will remove more hairs per minute and depending on her insertions and other skills, it will also be effective. Each electrologist will utilize the modality that she/he is comfortable with and that is perfectly okay because they all “kill” the hair follicle. It is up to you the consumer to decide, after sampling as many practitioners as doable, to choose. Choose based on clues that you have read about here on hairtell, eg., skin condition a couple days later, sensation, how well the hair releases most of the time, hygenic practices, communication skills, general gut instinct as to how much the practitioner cares about you achieving a positive outcome. The Instatron is a respected epilator, but respect the skills and know-how of the electrologist operating that epilator much more. Learn about the hair growth cycles and keep consistent with your appointments for a good year.

I really don’t hear anything that bothers me about your first lady and feel free to share your thoughts about Friday’s appointment.

Dee