Need help with how to use this thing

Well, firstly, this actually IS for my girlfriend, who’s too stubborn to ask for help.

I got her a Braun Silkepil Softperfection Advanced because she’s been talking about wanting an epilator for a while.

Well, she used it for the first time today for LOOOOONG time and didn’t have good results.

It doesn’t seem like it’s pulling all the hair. Her legs actually feel stubbly, although I don’t really understand how that’s possible. Shouldn’t it have just either pulled the hairs or not pulled the hairs?

But, no matter how many times she goes over it, it doesn’t seem to get that stubble. I even gave it a whirl on her legs and I couldn’t get them.

What’re we doing wrong?

hi guys! i have a braun silk epil, have been using it for years and love it for my underarms and legs.

If she has been shaving her legs then it might take time to get all the new growth that is coming thru all the time. I would use it once a week until it gets to a point where she is getting most of the hairs and they are finer.

Also, might be a good idea to exfoliate the legs before using the machine.

I find even after using the unit my legs can still feel a little “bumpy” - this is just where the new hairs are about to come thru the surface and can’t be got by the machine yet - this is normal. I tend to do my legs every 3 weeks or so just to keep them looking half decent! hahahahaa - i find for the best results i like my hair to be around 5mm long - this way i know the machine will pick them up really well.

Hope this helps at all! I’m not a professional hair remover of any type but have been using my braun epilator now for about 2-3yrs and wouldn’t be without it!

Amber