Need Help Suing Local Laser Hair Removal clinic

I paid $2,800 for a local hair removal clinic to remove my back hair. Well, they told me it’s an average of 5 treatments to work. HAHA, well I actually caught them in a lie, when I said to them on the phone, “How come a friend of mine was treated at another place and was successfully treated in 3 treatments!?” Then they responded, “That’s impossible, you can’t be treated in under 5 treatments!!!” After I heard that I became very pissed, because they told me all along that it is an “AVERAGE” of 5 treatments, and not a “MINIMUM” which is what they should have said. Anyway, the only bad thing I did was sign a contract which stated things along the lines of “not guaranteed to be permenent, etc, etc”. That doesn’t matter to me though, because the fact of the matter is…I would not have signed on to their service if they were honest with me, and didn’t lie about the average number of treatments being 5. That is the minimum, and I think everyone who reads this post knows that laser hair removal requires a hell of a lot more than 5 treatments. I mean I had 5 treatments done and it did absolutely nothing for me. I gave almost $3,000 to these scumbags for what? So they could go out and add a jacuzzi to their home, or go on a cruise? I could have given that money to charity if anything else. These people need to be stopped. My court date is May 4th, 2004. If anyone can help me in any way, please, please e-mail me: celuckrules@hotmail.com

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by cuse2k3:
<strong>…Anyway, the only bad thing I did was sign a contract which stated things along the lines of “not guaranteed to be permenent, etc, etc”. That doesn’t matter to me though, because the fact of the matter is…I would not have signed on to their service if they were honest with me, and didn’t lie about the average number of treatments being 5. That is the minimum, and I think everyone who reads this post knows that laser hair removal requires a hell of a lot more than 5 treatments.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>First, people lie. It’s a fact of life, please use this as a learning experience.
Second, never sign any legal document you haven’t read or don’t understand. If what it says conflicts with what you’re being told, confront the salesperson (or whoever) with the discrepancy.
Third, this technology is experimental and everyone reacts differently. That should be clear after spending less than 10 minutes perusing this site.
YOU, as the person plunking down the money and YOU, as the person putting their skin at risk are responsible for YOUR own financial and physical well being. The key word here is personal responsibility, a concept which has largely been lost on modern America society. I am sincerely sorry you did not get the results you were looking for, and that you are out 3 grand. It truly does suck. However, suing somebody because you did not do your homework is not right, imho.

Wish you luck in suing, but from personal experience I had two paitients that had permanent removal in 3 treatments. Both women had fairly small number of coarse hair on their face. I never mention it to my paitients because it is not realistic, but it is possible.