Need help/information on plucking uni-brow.

I have been looking for someone to ask about this but was nervous…and I have a uni-brow…

And I just started plucking it and was wondering if the hair would grow back like it does when you shave… (I’ve done that before like a fool…and regret it sooo much.) The problem is, when I have it, I get so depressed about myself, and want to get rid of it…and now that I did, I’m nervous it’s gonna grow back worse…can anyone lay down some information fast so I can stop being so nervous!

Please help, I’m very nervous about doing it because I don’t want to get extremely hairy! Hehe.

[ July 17, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Kev ]

Relax Kev… once you get the area cleared, it take a few seconds each day to check and grab any that ma be coming back… You may get 2 or 3 that have emerged one day, and then none for a week… the important elements are good light, and good tweezers… get them all out, and then, when you have finished brushing your teeth in the morning, just have a quick look and grab any that are there… as long as you keep on top of them, then you will be fine… a few minutes a week maximum to get them all… you could be done with them once and for all with electrolysis… would take a short session to clear… but you will have to let them grow back for the electrolysis to be effective

Good luck, don’t worry…

David

I understand that, but just want to know if there’s a chance that more hair can grow in, and spread…

If you stop plucking, and let it all grow back, you would probably have the same amount of hair that you had before… Although I have to qualify that statement with “everyone is different”…

The plucking of individual hairs is very selective, and it is unlikely it will cause surrounding areas to start sprouting… it is not like you are shaving your whole forehead just to get those in the monobrow…

If you want to be rid of it for ever, then get it done with electrolysis… ‘zap and forget’ if you like…

David

[ July 19, 2003, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: IHH ]

Also, shaving doesn’t cause hair to grow back thicker. That’s just an old wives tale.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by IHH:
<strong>If you stop plucking, and let it all grow back, you would probably have the same amount of hair that you had before… Although I have to qualify that statement with “everyone is different”…

The plucking of individual hairs is very selective, and it is unlikely it will cause surrounding areas to start sprouting… it is not like you are shaving your whole forehead just to get those in the monobrow…

If you want to be rid of it for ever, then get it done with electrolysis… ‘zap and forget’ if you like…

David</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>O’Kay, how much would Electrolysis cost? I’m like, a total noob to all this hair stuff…

Electrolysis varies from US$40 to $300 per hour… it depends who is doing it, where they are located and what they think they are worth…

Some are worth their weight in gold, so it pays to shop around if you can for the best deal, although in saying that, the amount of time we are talking about to separate the Siamese eyebrows is so small that you don’t need to save and buy a block of hours in advance to get a better rate.

This topic has been mentioned here a number of times before, so you may try a search, otherwise, James may amble by and I will defer to him for his estimate of time for such a job…

Good luck,

David

[ July 27, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: IHH ]

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it and plan on looking around for it sooner or later in my lifetime (Being a high schooler at the moment…not to many “expenses.”)

For now I guess I’m just gonna have to stick to plucking. Grr.

I’ve been plucking for a few years now, and once you get through the first time, it’s really very easy to keep on top of. Not only that, but it wont be a pain to do. Just becomes second nature. (and I just realized this thread is really, really old. Ooops.)

[ February 08, 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: b00jah ]