need help in finding a professional

I am considering getting electolysis on my face and I need help in finding someone who knows what they are doing. I live in Boynton Beach, Florida. I also had a couple questions concerning the procedure…will it cause me to break out, acne? what is too much $? I am a 23 year old female…on average how long do I need to go until the procedure is finished? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions!!!
Jennifer :confused:

I’m sure I won’t be the only one to articulate the following…

Well done Electrolysis (that is, a competent operator with a suitable machine using due care and the appropriate methods for treatment) will make no discernible marks on your face… A lot depends on you as well, and a good electrologist will advise you in regard to nutrition, hydration etc, as well as offering sound post-treatment advice…

If you can tell us what sort of hair, it’s location and density, then you may get some estimates at the time it might take, but remember, until the person doing the work has a chance to see you and do a test area, then they are not going to be able to offer any sort of firm timeframe…

Rates vary by region, but around $60 seems to be a reasonable upper limit per hour…

Drum Roll…

“Ladies and Gentlemen, put your probes and tweezers down and give it up for James W Walker…”

Cheers,

David

Thank You,
Thank You David. (snare drum beat and rim shot)

Thanks to David, I need only say that if your total treatment area allows you to get full clearances each and every time you go for treatment, then you could be done for good in 9 to 18 months of treatment. However, that depends on you following the proper schedule of treatments, and your body not being in a state of recruiting new follicles to grow hair. If your hormones are not unbalanced, you will clear up all this in no time, and get to look finished long before you have your last 5 minute pick-up appointment.

As for rates, big cities tend to be more in the area of $100 per hour. Just keep in mind that you are paying for treatment results.

It makes no sense to pay $20 per hour for someone who can only clear 50 hairs in an hour, if someone else clears 300 hairs per hour across town. As long as that person was not charging $120 per hour, you would be ahead on cost, and even if they were, you would still be ahead on time.

Needless to say, the better the results, the more valuable the service. The skin you are saving is your own. It is worth a little bit more to have scar free skin.

So say it with me now,
“Get a consultation and sample treatment from as many practitioners in your area as you can. Get feedback from people who are finished and happy if available. Skill is Key here, but keep in mind that an average electrologist with better equipment is going to be able to deliver results that a good electrologist can not produce at the same rate if utilizing outdated equipment.”

An now a word a word from our sponsors…

Has this board helped you save money, time, and skin? Then pitch in and post your experiences, give us contact info on the GOOD practitioners you have identified in your area [Here in the Electrologists Referral Section](http://www.hairtell.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=35) and if you really feel the love, click on the link and feed the kitties :grin:

<Applause sign>
<roll the credits>
<fade to black>
It is nice to know that some people understand that we like to have fun here while discussing this stuff. Some people around here need a funnybone transplant.

[ August 23, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]