Nausea from Spiro

Is there any way I can at least get rid of the nausea from taking Spiro? I haven’t taken it in two days because I hate feeling sick. I’m on 100mg once a day. Can I break it in half and take half one day and the rest the next? I love how it’s been slowing the hair growth down but the sick feeling is too much to handle. Any advice?

Are you self-medicating or are you being prescribed spiro by your family physician?

It’s prescribed.

Are you getting your potassium levels monitered? What is your physicians advice about the nausea?

My doctor wanted me to come back in 3 months (this was in November) to check my potassium levels. I have an appointment in February. I haven’t talked to her about it yet because nausea is supposed to be a side effect and I figured it would go away.

Nausea can be a mild side effect, but it would be good to call your doctor and report this as she may want to make a dosage adjustment or have your potassium level checked before February. If you haven’t done so yet, you can do a search on google or another search engine and read up on Spironolactone. As with any drug, there are a zillion side effects, mild to serious, so I would report this to be on the safe side.

Dee