Natural Anti Androgens

Hi there,

I’m looking for a list of natural anti androgens

The best known non-steroidal phytoestrogens include the isoflavones daidzein, genistein, formononetin and biochanin A, the coumestan coumestrol, and the lignans secoisolariciresinol and matairesinol. Acknowledging the potentially chemoprotective role of these non-nutrients, we have quantified all biologically important isoflavonoids and lignans in cereals, oilseeds and nuts, legumes, vegetables, fruits, berries and beverages such as tea, coffee and wine.

Legumes such as
soy beans
lentils
chickpeas

Vegetables such as
fennel
celery
carrots
asparagus
parsley

Grains such as
oats
wheat
corn

herbs such as

red clover
alfalfa
licorice
hops

These compounds have also been isolated in nuts and seeds, particularly flax, and are found in some quantity in sesame seeds, safflower and pumpkin oils. Legumes contain 23 to 230 milligrams of phytoestrogens per 100 grams; vegetables, one to 200 mg per 100 g.

Remember that these are weak in comparison to prescription androgen blockers and hormones.

10x Andrea!

My naturopath has told me to take apple pectin with each meal, which is a soluble fiber. After getting my lab tests back with slightly elevated testosterone and DHEA levels she consulted with a big-wig Naturopath who interpreted my labs and he recommended this. He said the apple pectin binds to excess androgens and pulls them out of the body. I have some being sent to me. Lets hope it helps.More fiber is always good for you anyhow so it can’t hurt.