My story, What could I have?

Hey
First of all thanks for all the answers on my previous thread, I impressed that it is really good forum where I can find honest answers.
now after I know its possible to get good results for male face I want to try and fix my problem.
I will try to tell you the full story of my facial hair problem so maybe you will understand what can I do.
Im now 21 years old.
in the age of 13 I started to grow thin thin mustache and I didn’t liked it so I decided to shave it, the problem was that I included my cheeks and the area that under my eyes in the shaving - why ? I don’t have clue, I was a kid and didn’t really think in long term about what can happen.
I continue to do it for maybe 2 years and I just keep shaving all those areas once in 2-3 weeks I think.
one day (at the age of 15.5 I think) I was with my mother and we sat in the sun and then she told me - “hey, you have little hairs on your cheeks”, and I told her yes I just shave them, and then she just told me “no! don’t do it - they will start to grow thicker”.
I remember I was scared and I didn’t know what to do so I just started to pluck them.
how ?
first with hot wax and strips - very bad idea because I this wax didn’t need to be used on face and I also used her too hot so I think it also harm my face.
after some time I moved to use electric epiltaor on my face, but the one for the legs and it always was very painful and left me every time with pimples.
just want to say that all this time I also worked outside under the sun without sunscreen or hat a thing that im sure also harm my skin especially that my akin was damaged from the epilator.
I keep used this epilator for like until the age of almost 18 (the end of 2015)until I was tired from all of that mess and then I just decided to start shaving my face again, even everyday.
and it was amazing because from that moment it didn’t bother me again. I mean yes I just wake up everyday and shaved my facial with electric shaver for maybe 30 sec and finish !
Until last November (2018) I decided that Im also tired from shave my face and it also didn’t was perfect because you could still see little black dots on my cheeks so I decided to do laser hair removal - I’ve talked with few friends that also did it and they told me it is amazing so I go for it.
I did 2 sessions and in this sessions they shaved my whole face I mean even the area near my nose side the one that I’ve never touch before and was really smooth.
I didn’t know it will be like that she just shaved my face before I could say something.
and she also went too low on my beard line and now I have few holes near my beard line.
the machine was Soprano Ice.
I didn’t noticed all these things at first, the thing that make me stop the treatment was that I developed hypopigmentation and the worst part is that It also make me grow hair in areas on my face that I didn’t have hair and also I think that it made me little scars on my cheeks.

So after my story I have some answers that I hope you can answer me :

1. Do you think that the hairless little patches near my beard line will regrow ? I mean it not the end of the world and in the less worse thing that happened me from the laser but it still bother me, I did only 2 laser sessions and if I look close enough with flashlight I could see little vellous hairs there - will they get terminal ?

2. I don’t have a clearly hypopigmentation on the cheeks area, it more lighter area - if I will remove the hairs near this area it could improve it ? or even make it worse ?

3. In a term of clearances ? how many I will need ?
    because I see here electrologist called Joespha I think, that in just 2 clearances removed big part of men’s beard, and Im not really need the beard just the cheekbones.
    it is realistic result or its a special story ?
    because if it like that I will consider even to fly to another electrologist for a week once in a few months because I cant find good electrologist in my area.

4. I have like little bites on my skin that Im almost sure that not was before, it is possible that it a side effect from the laser ?

My pics :

The overall lighting on my skin :
https://imgur.com/ZNYCxuC

The hairs (there is a lot more if you really look closely in outdoor lighting):
https://imgur.com/a/dT9O3DL

https://imgur.com/14Sq8O1

the little bites on my skin (that in a part of them there is hair growing):
https://ibb.co/1MMw6kv

https://imgur.com/XyfiaIW

1. Unknown
  2. Did you mean “hyper” -pigmentation? It always goes away.
  3. Few electrologists have the skill to eliminate the majority of hair growth in three treatments. Josefa is one, Mike Bono another, although I am not sure if Mike is taking on new cases unless they involve large body areas. There might be electrologists on this forum with similar skill.
  4. What is a “bite?”

I’ve noticed you’re still very young. Your hair pattern develops until 25 yrs old. Your hormones through puberty are the reason you developed the hair plus your hereditary predisposition to growing hairs in different areas. It’s not the shaving, but I know it’s what our mothers believed. So, you will still see the hair growth spreading outwards and thickening for a few more years. In terms of permanent hair removal, this means that touch ups may be required for newly developing follicles after your main treatment course.

Back to your questions:

1. Since your hair pattern development isn’t completed yet, you have a good chance to see these areas filling up over time. Also, you’ve only had 2 sessions of laser and on the beard area there are more cycles.(that’s why you need 6-8 laser treatments usually - to address all the cycles)
  2. I don’t see any pigmentary changes. Usyally these are temporary anyway. If you’ve had laser just on your cheeks, it has picked up some of the pigment and it will even out eventually.
  3. How many clearances depends on how much of the hair is present on the surface at the time of treatment. Can you grow it for 6 months without plucking, waxing or shaving? That’s how you maximise the amount of hair you kill in one session. However, cycles on the face are usually more as a number and with shorter
    duration spread over 12-18 months. But still you can get pretty good results in 3-4 clearances.
    1 I don’t see these bites. Maybe you can point to them on the photos.

Hey, first thanks for both answers and sorry for the late replay.
anyway you asked about the bites, so I mean that after the laser I start to noticed little like holes/scars on my face, some of them little red and some have a hair follicle inside them.
I don’t know if I had them before and now I just see them because that I pay much attention to my face.
here is a better pic that I marked those holes (not all of them there is more that not marked as you can see.

Imgur

I searched on net and cant figure out what are they?
it could be a possible side effect of laser ?
and I didnt had acne before

Not knowing if you had the indentations prior to laser makes it difficult to pinpoint a cause. Anytime hair is forcibly removed from the follicle (tweezing, waxing, electric epilators) the chance of scarring exists. Depending on severity and the individual’s skin, many cases resolve on their own, while others are permanent. Most of the time, the natural healing process will smooth out and resolve skin imperfections. Skin continues to heal up to 18 months.

1 Like

The only thing I’d add ismakesure the hair is really closely shaved, if you have any further laser treatments. These “bites” may happen when hair is left a little above the skin during laser treatment. They look like they have a very good chance of healing and evening out really well though.