My story (please comment)

Hello to all,

I am new to this forum and can’t even begin to express how glad i am to have found it. Basically, I am a 20 year old male who suffers from excess body hair. It all began when i was 12 years old and i began to grow an abnormal amount of hair on my legs and feet. At the age of 12 i had harrier legs than my dad.
Since then my body hair has been ony my mind all day everyday. today at the age of 20 i have hair pretty much everywhere and i know that i’m only going to get harrier as time progresses. Currently i nair my shoulders and upper back and trim pretty much everything else. Being a college student i really can’t afford laser hair removal or electrolysis. But as far as my goals are i would just like to get rid of the hair on my back, the rest i guess i can live with. if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE post them. this issue has been dictating my life for 8 years now and i really just want to feel comfortable with my body.

P.S- If anyone can tell me how much a session of laser hair removal for the back would approximately cost i would greatly appreciate it. Also from what i have read the lightsheer duet sounds like the most efficient and advanced laser device on the market. Does anyone know if because it can cover a larger surface area, sessions would be cheaper as they would take less time? Please help because i am growing more and more desperate with everyday that goes by.

The only thing i could suggest is that you goto a school where they have students who are studying electrolysis maybe they can treat you ata fraction off the price, however judging by what you have wrote I would suggest that you save for a few years and get some laser treatment which will help with reduction , the lasers they sell to the public are no way near as effective as professional ones and in my opinion are a complete waste off time.

Laser or electrolysis are your only options for permanent removal everything else is temporary. For such large areas you’d definitely want laser. Duet is not the most advanced, you’d want an alexandrite like GentleLASE or Apogee. Duet is only good because it has a really large spot size so faster treatments, but it’s still just a diode laser. Not saying it’s bad just saying there’s better options. For a full back it’s probably $250-350 a treatment I’d guess?

Welcome to hairtell.

Some random comments here.

Each laser treatment on the back can be anywhere from $200-$500. You may need as much as 12-15 treatments. The results may be good to minimal. It hurts a lot and you put yourself at risk for getting laser hair stimulation no matter what light device you use. Please refer to poster ‘bryce’. That is a real learning thread about his experience with laser on his back. You are young and there will probably new hair to come in the next decade or two.

Despite these obstacles, stay brave, strong and optimistic. You need to be more informed, so read as much as you can on this board and work toward your hair removal goals in a steady fashion. You may have to delay your strategy until you start earning money, but at least you will have your playbook in order and will make good decisions about what to do where and who you will pay for the best service possible.