My story (nightmare)

Ive been here for awhile but I figured it was time to tell my story to someone.

I feel like im a extreme case probally turning into the worst in the world.

Waist Down-

My entire body is covered with hair except the areas of feet where hair dosent grow.

Upper Body-

Entire Stomach,Chest,Shoulders,Back,Sides are covered in hair. Just a thick black lair. There is not a cm above my wait where there isnt hair growing.

Entire arms,biceps,forearms just everything covered with hair. On the top side of my hands I trim the hair there and below my knuckles once a week with scissors.

I can deal with all of that.

The problem is my face. My ears are covered in hair. Its growing inside and so thick now. I studied this and found a man I believe in China a similar case to me where he had trouble hearing because of the hair growing inside his ear and had some special surgery.

My Neck all the way around that can be dealt with.

Here is the problem that is destroying my life,turning me into a hermit and making me a freak.

There is hair growing on my entire face. All the way upto my eyes. The area between my eyes and sideburns has hair. After close inspection there is hair grown on my forehead still small and the biggest problem of them all my nose. Every CM on my nose on the outside is covered in small hair includint the tip and bridge all the way up my nose to my forehead. Basically the entire face has hair grown on it.

I shave my face upto a certain area. The hair growns back extremely thick and fast. The hair on my nose and the area under my eyes i dont shave obviouslly or id turn into a freak. Ive been to dermatologist and theve never seen a case like me. One guy gave me vaniqua to rub on the outside of my nose wich I decided against.

When i take my finger and rub the outside of my nose I just feel hair. Its only a matter of time before it gets longer and longer and i look like one of those mexican woflboys i saw on tv.

I dont even leave the house much anymore and stare straight on the ground when I walk. I stopped shaving and have this massive beard so it makes the hair on my nose and cheek less visible or takes attention away from it. Im almost 30 now.

I dont know what im going to do. I can imagine having electrolsis on my nose is it even possible?

Do you think you have the same genetic problem that the Aceves family in Mexico has? This is called hypertrichosis universalis. Jo-Jo the dog-faced boy is another example. Is there a family member that you know of that had such a pattern of hair growth? Maybe you can present your doctor with this genetic information.

Vaniqa will not help you. Find a SKILLED electrolgist. Electrolysis can help you assuredly. I have removed hair from everywhere, including all areas of the nose. It’s actually very common to see hair on the nose and electrolysis is the best way to do this. See as many electrologists as you can and get sample treatments even if you have to pay for 15 minutes. Find someone that uses microflash or picoflash thermolysis and has an hygenic office. It can be done and it will work as long as it is performed expertly and in conjunction with hair growth cycles. The amount of hair doesn’t matter if you find a skilled electrologist with decent speed.

Research this for your doctor. She/he will be impressed and thankful for any information that may relate to the cause of your hypertrichosis.
You can google Chuy or Manuel Aceves or Jo-Jo the dog faced boy if anyone is interested.

Hi,
I just want to say that I sympathize with your story…that sounds very difficult. I hope you are able to find a physician who is knowledgeable about this subject and you can find an electrologist who can help you as well.

thx guys

nobody in my family is like me

i had my doctor do a blood test along time ago that someone on this board suggested for horomones or something like that I cant really remember now maybe testostorone? and it came back okay my doctor said. He sent me to a dermatologist who sent me to a laser hair center who wanted to laser my face but I said no after reading these forums.

I wish there was a beter solution since electrolysis is very costly and im not in the position where i can afford multiple monthly treatments year after year. maybe once a month.

Id probally use the electrolygist a boardmember suggest the first time I visited these boards. The members name was Edgar Graf I believe. Im not 100% positive. I think he was a student of the person he sent me to.

I have some questions about this.

Each hair needs to be treated multiple times right? Its not just one and done per hair?

Also something id really like to know is this…

When I shave by night time my hair has usually grown back and visible. My hair growns back thicker and dark. What happens when you do electrolosys on a hair thats never been shaved over? Does it grow back like a hair thats been shaved? Ive been shaving my cheeks higher and higher. hair thats never been shaved before thats very light and only visible from closer. Once the blade goes over it grows to the length it took a lifetime to get in 1 day.

I dont know if you guys will understand what im saying so let me explain a different way…

Ive never touched the hair on my back. Never shaved,laserd or waxed. I did years ago trim the hair on my chest and stomach. Hair that had been untouched my entire life and the same length as the hair on my back. Within a month of trimming it, it had grown to the same length as the hair on my back that took a lifetime to get that length. Ive trimmed it dozens of times since.

Will hair react that same way that it does when shaved with electrolsys? Grown back thicker and faster?

Electrolysis is not a shaving or trimming process. Individual hairs are treated with electrical energy AC(alternating current) or a combination of electricity and a chemical reaction that takes place in the follicle when direct current(DC) is involved. We call the former, Thermolysis. We call the latter, Blend.

Shaving and trimming can not make your hair problem worse. You are just cutting off something dead that is above the skin’s surface. You are not disturbing the area that makes hair grow below the skin when you shave or trim. You have done nothing wrong to make the problem worse.

ELectrolysis is a assured hair removal and in the long run may be less money than repeated lasering that will never get every offensive hair. You spend more time on the table for electrolysis though, because we treat individual hairs. For someone like yourself you should seek an electrologist that does the faster forms of thermolysis, microflash or picoflash since you say you have a lot of hair that appears to keep expanding and increasing in size. If a hair is a growing hair, it can be permanently affected the first time around, but that hair is not the only hair in that area. Lying below the skin waiting, are many more hairs that just haven’t surfaced yet. That’s the part that really “gets” people and makes them impatient. Those hairs will come forth in time, on their own schedule. So, it is more accurate to say that an AREA has to be treated several times in order to clear it of all offensive hairs than to say an individual hair has to be treated several times to clear an area. To expand a little, there are some huge hairs that may need a couple treatments as we must break those hairs down gradually in order to get all of the hair germ cells, but those hairs will get lighter and thinner after the first or second treatment.

I am only guessing at what you look like by reading your words. Could you submit some pictures? Facial pictures can be used in a way to protect your identity.

I’m thinking that it would be wise for you to use the laser/electrolysis combination. If I could see a picture, maybe all you need is a skilled electrologist that is adept at using the best generation of computerized epilators performing microflash or picofalsh thermolysis. Do one area only, perhaps the nose, and see how it goes and then spread out from there.

For your last question, hair does not grow back thicker and faster because it was treated with electrolysis. It is just the opposite! I’m talking about ELECTROLYSIS WITH A PROBE and a skilled trained electrologist, not these hocus pocus scam devices that offer the promise of a better tomorrow -FAST!

Can we start with a picture and see what you have?

Dee

Hi Tony, if you are like that Chinese or Mexican guy, I would recommend never starting electrolysis. I am one-quarter as hairy as those guys (and much of the hair I want removed is fine), and it takes forever. Some electrologists even claim that each hair has to be treated several times in order to get rid of it permanently, while some claim that the hair can come back if your hormones are messed up. I am sure James will recommend your starting electrolysis, but don’t do it except for small area that really bother you (outside of ear, outside of nose, unibrow etc…).

Anyway, at the rate medical advances are occurring, I think there will definitely be a cure for this in the next 5-10 years via genetic modifications or nanomaterial related follicle shutoff mechanisms etc…

E.g., some of the interesting things coming out soon regarding limbs:

Read “The Singularity Is Near” by Ray Kurzweil if you get a chance.

1 Like

Well, I certaily disagree with tembo’s small area advice for electrolysis. At present, what else is there for hair that lacks color and structure? The answer is nothing. It is not well understood what a modern electrologist with skill and a perfect set up and stamina can do for people. Doing large areas with eelctrolysis are certainly possible. Finding an electrologist capable of punching out a large number of hairs is iffy in some geographical locations, but many can do this well. I just did a session this morning where I averaged 728 insertions an hour on a woman’s facial hair. We did 196 minutes worth for a total of 2330 insertions. That is not slow and I am not the only electrologist that can do this. In fact, there are many others that are faster than me.

People who want instant gratification will have to keep their fingers crossed for a product that works at the cellular level. Even then, there will be hurdles to overcome and it won’t be cheap.

Thankss,

Dee

Maybe you missed it (below = pointless trying to go the electrolysis route):

I am sure there are electrologists who would lie and tell him to come and fly and see them and the hair will be gone in a few years.

This is the man that had surgery on his ears a couple years ago to reduce the hair. It was so bad he couldn’t hear very well. I dont know what proceedure was performed.

You take the extreme cases and stab away at electrolysis, tembo. That apears to be what you do quite frequently. All this because you had an incompetent electrologist a few years ago that scarred your gabella? The truth is, since the advent of competent laser hair reduction, most electrologists would ethically recommend laser for this man, first, followed by electrolysis for the hair that laser can’t affect, later on. That would be my take on this situation. The word lie is a strong word.

Dee

Dee, you clearly did not thoroughly read this guy’s first post (hence my warning to him), and you clearly did not read my first post in that other thread where you blabbed on about someone called Kim Williams (completely unrelated to my post) and had double question marks in your post in strange places. Maybe you should get less emotional about criticisms about your field and read the posts in detail first?

I have critiqued both electrolysis and laser as a PATIENT and do not always criticize electrolysis. If patients like myself didn’t elaborate on the good and bad, I suppose having a forum with you, James and those laser girls dominating would make it very unbiased? Also, my minor scarring is almost a nonissue at this point, and my criticisms have almost all dealt with the time issue.

After at least 100 hours of electrolysis over the past five years, all the hair on the back of my neck is gone and some on my lower back seems to be gone. I am satisfied except for the time it took spread between four different electrologists.

I wanted to prevent this guy from decades of treatments before someone suggests electrolysis could solve his problem if he just flew down to Buffalo for the next 2 (or 20) years.

Thats all.

1 Like

I think the most frequent poster on this website, an electrologist, would NOT recommend laser on this guy or anyone else. I am glad Dee thinks that most (ethical) electrologists would recommend laser on this guy before electrolysis. I would recommend neither with this much hair, but of course I am not an expert and just a patient who has experienced both methods of hair removal.

Dee, you need to criticize your friend who obsessively demeans LASER (in CAPS out of respect to him) and has a major bias against it, before you get on me about my comparatively benign criticisms of BOTH electrolysis and laser.

And my main criticism of electrolysis regarding time has nothing to do with my skin damage. I still get the middle of my eyebrow treated with electrolysis, over five years after the first treatment, as strays grow in that small area. If I hated electrolysis, I would not get it done over five years after I first started it in that small area.

I will begin by pointing out that the top poster on this site claims to be neither a LASER operator, nor an Electrologist.

I will now segue to a little story. Once upon a time, a HairTell poster asked me who I knew in his/her area who could perform good electrolysis fast on a certain large area and sent confidential pictures to illustrate the task at hand. I honestly replied that I had not heard much good about anyone in that area being able to reliably do that scale of work in a short amount of time without negative results, and that with that being the case, the best advice I could give would be to travel to see someone good out of town. I also offered that if that person wanted to visit me, I could get the area started, and at the very least, this person could then have an easier time of it, as the first full clearance would have been done and one would be looking for someone to do maintenance work. One would also have an idea of what was possible, as the search for someone closer continued. Although this person did go on to actually have trouble with someone local, and actually did travel to see others who were not local, my advise, at the time, was taken as something less than genuine. I was accused of being willfully unhelpful and a shameless self-promoter.

As reasonable as I thought that advise was, I have spent 3 years with this person trying to make it look like my only reason for being here is to tell everyone here, and in fact everyone in the world that they should fly in to see me and everyone else in the world and every other hair removal option sucks.

It doesn’t matter that where a poster on here actually lives close to someone who I know is good, or someone that someone esle has said is good (and I remember that information) I suggest posters here start out with “So-And-So”, who is oh, so close to where this person works or lives, and they should be glad if that drive is less than 2 hours.

I won’t bother to restate my position on LASER here, as it is very well articulated elsewhere, and the most recent posters who had growth stimulation or burns illustrate part of my point well enough.

I will take a hint now, and stop answering anything you ask either in PM’s or in public.

May peace go with you, happiness behind you, and may your dreams come true Tembo.

Actually, tembo, the term “LASER” is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
So, indeed James is using the caps for the appropriate reason and the rest of us are not being accurate.

I read the links you cited and concluded that you were taking the extreme cases of hirsutism to insert your cristisms about electrolysis, in general, without careful concern for variations that occur for very difficult cases. Forget the Kim Williams comment, you obviously were referring to another business. If you had included the link to arizona electrolsyis in the first place, you would have communicated much clearer and relieved me of my blabbering and question marks. It has been obvious over the years that you don’t like James’s stance on LASER, but you don’t have to belabor the point everytime you post. James and I have different views on a LASER/ electrolysis combination and we are free to speak and support our statements. James and I have very different political viewpoints as well. ( Yes, we have talked about things other than hair) and we can still maintain a healthy, polite respect for each other. It is not my place to convince him or anybody else to think as I think. I just say what I think and try to back it up with as many facts that I can and if that isn’t enough, then so be it.

If you would just share your hair removal experience without using words like “lie”, “blabber”, and “emotional” along with pictures of extreme genetic defects that afflict a small percentage of people, without stabs and jabs toward individuals and a profession, that would be most helpful for consumers seeking help for their unwanted hair problem.

Thanks for listening tembo,

Dee

Hi:

I have been coming here for over 5 years. I have had
both laser and electrolysis done and am still getting
electrolysis done.

It has really worked in getting rid of my facial hair,
and in that respect has been a godsend. I am curently
getting another larger area of my body done with electrolysis.

It really works and I believe in it.

I would like to say that both James and Dee have been
two of the nicest and helpful people on this board.

They have gone out of their ways to help people here
and share their knowledge. I think they deserve some
credit and some respect.

Alicia

I dont feel comfortable posting any pictures here yet, maybe one day. For now im going to sit still.

I just cant imagine what havving this procedure done to my nose would feel like and what my nose would look like after treatments.

Does anybody know where I can view before,after and during treatments of men who have had this done to there face?

Okay, so we are back on topic. Before, during and after pictures are hard to come by for reasons already stated here before many, many times. The best thing you can do is find a reputable electrologist that gets results. Relying on word of mouth is very helpful. Getting short treatments in the beginning will help you gain confidence, as you observe your healing. All I can tell you is, I have removed hair on many women and men noses and there is no scarring or healing drama. I am not rare in what I can do for clients with hairy noses or hairy anything, there are many skilled electrologists that can accomplish this for you as well.

Just go do it with someone reputable and you won’t have to imagine what it will look like. If your healing outcome is not what you desire, then try someone else. Just go forward and do something good for yourself.

Dee

If you will forgive the fact that most of my clients who have given permission for their pictures to be shared, and were born male, were in the process of transitioning to female, you can see the visual confirmation that you request here:
http://www.executiveclearance.com/beforeandafter.html

In the case of the J. Lamb pictures, the After picture was taken just seconds after the end of our marathon session. This is not how it looked a day or more later.

I have removed hairs on the top of the nose on many men, and you just don’t see anything, even 15 minutes after the treatment is over. It doesn’t even hurt as much as work elsewhere on the face, as the treatment setting is very low. It is a low eyebrow setting.

{PS, here is more proof that I actually know how to put a link on this site, and yet, I only shoot links to my actual business site in cases like this, when it is relevant to the conversation at hand. As a shameless self-promoter, I am missing lots of opportunities :wink: }

Hi James:

Some of those before and afters are quite impressive!

I’m sure it meant the world to those women too,
and they are probably eternally grateful.

As to nose hairs, the poster does not exactly describe whether
those hairs are on the bridge part, the bulbous part or
the nostrils?

I have had some small hairs removed from the bulbous part
of the nose, as well as earlobe hairs too. I think
my electrologist probably reduced the intensity for the
nose hairs though since I assume the skin is probably
more sensitive there. Do any of the pros out there
have any opinions on that?

Alicia

Thank you for your kind words. It was only the gratitude for what they received that made them willing to release their photos and write recommendations for public consumption. In Amber and Dana’s case, they even make a point of giving their full names, because they personally tell everyone they know that they should start their search with me. Without pictures of what we did, however, most people assume they had no hard case to work on based solely on the end results they now enjoy.

As for nose hairs, it really doesn’t matter where on the nose the hairs are, the setting is really low. One would never use the same treatment energy on a hair on, or around the nose that would be used on chin or neck hairs.

Nose hairs give up easily and there should be no scabbing. Down time is almost nil.