My Progress So Far (W/ Pics) - Please Advice!

Hi everyone. Thought I’d share my story, share some advice and more importantly get some advice about what I should do next.

Since I was in high school I wanted to get laser hair removal done on my upper body, but I never took the extra step. When I did finally go “under the knife,” it was very out of the blue. Without going into much detail, I was offered an extremely good deal (as a favor) and I said let’s do it.

In total I had 4 procedures done over the course of a year (exact settings below) with a Soprano machine. It was always very, for a lack of a better term, “half arsed,” and hurried. I myself didn’t have much knowledge at the time and for the little money that I was dishing out I didn’t care much about results either (in my head I thought I have no right to ask questions when I’m getting such an amazing deal).

I had treatments done on my full back, shoulders, chest and abdomen. I did see results every time, but every time it was extremely patchy (shedding I mean). The technician would literally skip entire areas every time. Where she did zap, I would see results. The only exception was my nipple area where I NEVER had shedding.

It’s been a year since my last procedure. Since then I’ve learned a lot more about LHR. I’ve also learned that Soprano wasn’t exactly the best machine and that results are very much dependent on the skills of the technician with a Soprano.

Long story short, I do see a massive reduction in both volume and thickness. In certain “patches” hair is completely gone and hasn’t come back for more than a year. However, I still have a long way to go and I would like to do it properly this time. The obvious advice I can give to others is to be serious about this journey and not act like you’re going to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned. Educate yourself and stick to it.

This forum has a ton of information. I’d like to know what the consensus is on what type of machine works best and what I should be searching for. I have a very hard time with the skin type charts on the net, but I’d guess I’m somewhere between 3 and 4 (plz see pics below). Also, what’s with the extremely stubborn ring of hair around my nipples? lol I never saw any shedding in that area. As you can see in the pics, the hair in the area immediately around my nipples are darker and are still untouched. I’m guessing that only electrolysis will get rid of that, no?

Machine settings for the above mentioned procedures (this makes zero sense to me, but I thought it might be of interest to some)
Edit: if you right click and press view image, the picture will open up bigger

Pics of chest + stomach (sorry for the in your face arm pit lol) - you can see the patchiness in this pic

close-up

it’s possible the technician didnt get any closer than that to the nipple area. It’s difficult to be precise and any closer would have exposed the aereola to the laser treatment.Since that flesh is of a different color to the rest of you, exposing the laser there would not be a good idea.I’ve done electrolysis in this area though and it works very well

Seana