My LHR performing derm said it can't permanently kill hairs even at optimal settings

Hey yall. Merry Xmas. (:

My hair removal ‘adventure’ continues. I went to a new clinic, this time asked for a derm to do the procedure. We talked at length, she was gonna use alex 18mm spot with ~16-18J - pretty great settings for my type 2 skin. The machine is Candela Gentlelase.
She said even at these settings they can’t permakill hair and I will always have to go back for maintenance. It depends on genes/hormones (the usual ‘idk why it grows lol’ answer). So I’m a bit bummed, I thought if I just go get laser at optimal settings it would remove the hair forever. I’ve def seen people here say they got 90+ % reduction many years later so it’s frustrating to hear contradictions from a professional.
Oh, she also said that even if you destroy a follicle the body could grow back a new one, which I thought was not true? Anyway, I can’t keep gambling with derms to try to find one good one and give out 50eur to each.

On another note, I got an appointment for electrolysis with Mairi Hawkes so I’m pumped about that :slight_smile: