My home laser experience

Long time no post…

Just thought id go against the grain and speak positively about a home laser. Namely Smooth Skin Gold.

I researched for awhile and it seems this is most powerful at approx 9 Joules.

Now ive been using this on the sides of my chest/abs to create a more ‘normal’ hair pattern as opposed to a carpet.

I’ve not been using it anywhere as regularly as recommended, generally about once a month ive been doing this.
And i must say, after about 12 sessions, i am barely getting any re growth - and almost none at the lower part of my abs.

Will post some pics soon, and will try and update.

But i just wanted to share an unbiased view, that there is a viable option for home use i believe.
I bet this would work great on bikini areas or smaller sections.

Anyway, hope everyone is well here, as i havent posted in about 8 years :slight_smile:

Morrissey, How long has it been since your last treatment? I seem to always get regrowth a couple of months after treatment. Thanks.

Energy varies by device. Some of the older devices have energy outputs of 3-5 Joules/cm2.

The TRIA Beauty power level is about 7-22 Joules/cm2.

Home laser’s are not strong enough to affect the permanently.

I’ve had good success to date with my IPL. I know its not “perm” but its definitely progress, and the best i can find near me. No providers will give me a full laser where I want it as a guy, and I am not looking for electrolysis

What device are you using?

BRAUN IPL Silk-expert Pro 3

My hope is that I can get good progress here and then follow up with true laser for the stragglers…but I gave up trying to find a place that did guys and just decided to see what progress I could make by myself.

1 Like