My experiences with Spironolactone and Diane-35

Hello all,

Well I just wanted to keep you updated on how my pill-popping is going. I’ve been on Spiro (100 mg daily) for almost 3 months now and on Diane-35 for about a month. I’ve noted a definite improvement in my acne and a reduction of the oiliness of my face. I have a bit less energy now, which I think I can probably attribute to the Spiro since that’s one of the side effects it is said to have. When I shave the hair grows back a lot slower and up until two weeks ago I had observed the hair (very) gradually disappearing in patches, starting on my upper leg area and moving toward the abdomen. At that point I began laser hair removal, which I have now had done on just about every part of my body with the GentleLase Plus. I am hoping for good results, and will keep you all updated.
P.S. The one area I haven’t touched with the laser is my face, since summer is approaching. Unfortunately I haven’t noticed any reduction in facial hair yet, although it might be hard for me to tell since I bleach.

Thanks for sharing!

I just wanted to let you all know that after almost 3 months on Diane-35 the same things happened to me that had happened with Yasmin (another BC)…my heart started feeling racey and I also started getting some really bad chest pains. Although all of my lab work suggested that everything was fine, my body was telling me to stop taking the Diane-35 especially since I have a history of stroke in my family. Now I’m still on the Spiro and that’s going well…the hair grows back much slower or in places not at all (I had laser done too by the way). I would definitely recommend a combo. of spiro and laser for anyone whose hair growth is caused by elevated hormone levels.

I am sorry to hear about that, Melissa! :frowning:

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been on the Spiro for 5 months now and my skin is finally completely (100%) clear! :grin:

I just realized that the word “clear” can have two meanings…I’m referring to the mild acne that used to be on my face. The improvement in hair texture/amount has been less dramatic but getting better each month.

I am new to Austin and desperately need to get on spironolactone for oily skin/acne. I am not sure that I will get what I need due to the fact that I am not sure if most doctors prescrible this for skin related issues. What physicial did you see to get this???

Well, Thanks for sharing your experience and views here!

Hello, I have been using Diane 35 for years with stable results. Since July, the pharmacy has no longer been able to order it because the manufacturer has taken it out of production. I now use the generic version from Mylan. Unfortunately, I immediately noticed more hair loss and other complaints such as itching on the scalp. I’m really afraid this will continue. How are things going with you? There will be more on the forum who are forced to stop using the original Diane 35? And what did you switch to?

Hey, these posts are 10+ years old so you probably won’t be getting a reply. I was wondering are you in the EU by any chance?