My experience with rotary epilator on facial hair

I am a 48 year old female with PCOS. I have very pale skin and dark brown hair. Sadly, my facial hair is so bad that I could grow a full beard. I have been plucking and shaving (primarily shaving) for at least 10-12 years. Over time, my skin has been ravaged by daily (and often twice daily) shaving. Redness, streaks, bleeding were devastating. As embarrassing as the redness, streaks, and scabs are, the hair is worse.

In my never-ending search for some sort of solution, I watched a few YouTube videos, and two videos featured people describing and demonstrating a rotary epilator for facial hair. I have read many posts from people saying that using a rotary epilator on facial hair is never to be done, but I have to disagree.

I bought a Panasonic Wet/Dry epilator (I think it was about $80) a couple of months ago. It has been a godsend! I use it in the shower on my chin, upper lip, jaw, and neck. It doesn’t get all of the hairs, but it does quite a respectable job. I follow it up with shaving. The shaving is very minor and easy to do. When I finish, my face is completely smooth and soft. I’m so excited to feel like a girl again. I’m no longer nervous to get close with my husband. I’m not always self-conscious that he can see the hairs.

With shaving, I had to shave in the morning before work and then again in the early evening. Now, after epilating, I can go all day, through the night, and even midway through the next day before any hairs are noticeable.

The epilator does not work so well on the upper lip, but it works great for all other areas. As a side note, the epilator works phenomenally well on underarms.

Like I said, I’m thrilled to death.

Careful, that thing might take your skin with it, literally. I think I read a while back that they have the potential to rip the underlying skin cells out with the hair causing permanent damage to the skin.

I hate to ruin your party but just a friendly heads up!

Yes. I’ve epilated on my face, have done so for quite a long time. to me it seems the same as waxing but slower. BTW i have sensitive skin. It actually seemed a bit less painful than waxing and has a bit more precision. Only possible downside is it may encourage hair growth more than waxing.