My Electrolysis Progress/"Skin Damage" Update

For anyone who’s interested. I still go weekly for 2 hours, but only about 30 minutes of that time is spent on my face. The only hair I have remaining on my face is little blonde ones. Some of these get too long, or are a little coarse, and get removed. However, much time is spent searching around for hairs to zap, and I don’t have any visible facial hair except under extreme magnification. I am also having nape of neck and fingers done, and will be starting work on my feet, around my nipples (ouch!) and “down there” prior to my SRS. I am very pleased with my electrolysis progress.

Which leads me to my next issue: skin damage. A while back, I posted that it looked like I had some skin damage on my lip and chin from electrolysis treatment. However, as time as gone by and treatments taper off, that “damage” has vanished. I believe that what I thought was damage was actually pigmentation and swelling from intensive treatments. Since the areas have been left basically unmolested, the skin is now soft, smooth, and free of any imperfection.

Next week I start laser on my underarms. If all goes well, I will be having laser on large areas of my body, followed by electrolysis to pick up whatever doesn’t respond. I am very optimistic that my problems with unwanted hair are finally close to being over.

Hi:

Thanks for the update on your progress. It takes a long time and a lot of patience to get ones face cleared, and it sounds as if you have done quite well. I think my facial hair is in a similar state to yours as far as clearance time goes, at about a half hour ever couple of weeks and shrinking.

I did have my arms lasered a year ago. What I have found is that post surgery, a lot of body hair thins out and becomes less visible and easier to shave if you even need to. I am finding that is the case with the arms. Such changes take several years however, so we need to be patient.

Alicia

I am lucky; I have been having facial work off and on since 16. Had I gone like I was supposed to, I would have been done ages ago. However, for the past several years I have still had a very thin, sparse beard so even though I had to shave, electrolysis at least let me be without a shadow. I am glad to be almost done now.

what a relief!!! am always a bit worried about any permanant damage to skin after alot of work with electrolysis.

i felt same way when i first started. my side burns looked like they had holes all over. but since i havent been working so hard in that area. it looks clear and undamaged. it does take a bit of time but its good news that its not permanant.

my main concern now is my chest bone. i used to have beautiful skin there (aside from few hairs). but since electrolysis, its like lumpy and reddish markings. i still get work there about every 2 weeks. so am guessing once am done with electro there. the skin will heal and be back to normal. it hasnt been looking normal since i started electro in december of 2004. am hoping soon after am done it will be.

thanks for the hope and congrats on your achievement!!!

Thanks! I, too, have had the lumpy red skin look. Though it looks scary, all of my problems have vanished after leaving the areas alone for a while. Thanks for the nice words! I am living proof that electrolysis, in the right hands, is a wonderful thing.

Congratulations on your progress to date and the achievement of good results. From what I’ve seen in your posts, you have stuck to your schedule and are now beginning to see the results of your dedication.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress. It was interesting to follow.

All the best for the future,
Joanie

Yeah, it’s great. I haven’t had to shave my face in months and months, and as of last week haven’t had any regrowth at all. I’m working on other areas now, but none of them are as hard as the face was. Glad to be finally winding down.

Hi:

My face now needs very little work and it is a matter of hunting down widely scattered regrowths, and thinner hairs.

I am getting some electrolysis on my upper chest though and that is not much fun at all. After a while I have to scream “no mas!”

I am glad that your face is great now and I know what a wonderful feeling that must be for you.

Alicia

How long did it take before your skin turned back to normal?I had electrolysis done on my neck about a month ago and the area is still shaded.

How long did it take before your skin turned back to normal?I had electrolysis done on my neck about a month ago and the area is still shaded.

What part of your neck? The nape of my neck seems to be more fragile than my face, and is the only area I ever get scabs or dots on. It always heals up in the end, but it looks bad for a few weeks.

What part of your neck? The nape of my neck seems to be more fragile than my face, and is the only area I ever get scabs or dots on. It always heals up in the end, but it looks bad for a few weeks.

I am doing the right upper side of my neck because that area always kicks up a fuss whenever I shave so Im trying to get rid of the hair so i dont have to pass a razor thru it anymore.