My electrolysis journey - issywissy

I have taken some pictures to keep me focused when I despair and feel like nothing is changing and the the hair is STILL there.
This pictures are taken today - before my session tomorrow. I hope to get full clearance and continue with upper lip. For some reason the quantity of hair does not look horrific in the pictures but in my 10x magnification mirror its worse!!!

I have some skin discolouration/redness and bumps due to ingrown, curvy follicles. Damn them!

[/img]

[/img]

EDIT: Actually they do look worse. Sigh.
I will feel better about these pictures a year into this journey.

I’m only four months in, and I’m happy with my results, so far. My lips are both staying relatively clear and the electrologist is treating anything that appears each week, before continuing to clear my the rest of my chin.

You’ll get there, I promise. Have faith! :wink:

Thank you Caith.
I can’t belive I’ve put those pics up.
Well I guess people here really understand my predicament.

P.S. Only 4 months…really…wow. Liking the results.

Hi issy,

If it makes you feel any better, I honestly don’t think it should take too long to get sorted out. You just need to achieve your first clearance, which may seem like it’s taking a while but only because between your sessions, new hair is appearing.

My aunt had hair coarser than this, denser and all over her chin and neck. She’s been doing electrolysis for about 9 months now and is finally at a position where she can say she is confident it’s working and she will get there. It can take time but it’s worth it!

Your pictures are tame compared to what most of my clients present with. Be not ashamed or timid, it will all be gone in the near future. Get it cleared every time.

My update as I was trying out a new electrolygist with an Apilus machine.

Well my skin is sore, session much more painful than with Margaret (previous electrolyist) and not as fast. C used her sterex machine as she was going to do therm on me rather than blend. Several times inserattion was painful and she stated that she was moving the needle around. She said that blend would be slower and she thought she could handle the hairs with that modality. So diasappointment number 3; after the pain and speed. I think I would prefer to continue with Margaret.

My skin is sore, swollen and tight with small whiteheads forming. Am taking care of it.The point of trying C was to use the apilus for less reaction. She stated that she would use it for flash therm when hairs are finer. Oh and she applied a ointment which she said would calm the reaction. It looked like coverup. She also put mineral powder to stop the “ointment looking ashy”. I took it off with witch hazel when I realised what the ointment was.

She cleared the chin. Maragert clears my chin and does work around cheeks and under the chin within the same time frame.

Back to Margaret.

I do have two questions:

I notice that the sheath of the hair is left behind in the follicle - could this cause folliculitus (which I feel that I have experienced)?

I wonder if I should be using thermolysis on my chin. I know that blend has a higher kill rate, thermolysis is dependent to larger extent on skill. Hair comes out with Margaret no problems but will it kill the hair cell?

If the hair is releasing with no resistance, then it’s being treated effectively. If you feel a pull or resistance when the hair is removed, it can be difficult to tell the difference between actually “plucking” (bad) and the bulbous end of the hair coming out of the follicle. If there is pain when the hair is pulled, that’s usually plucking. If you just feel a little bit of resistance but no pain, it’s likely just the bulb coming out.

Your electrologist cannot prevent one of the sheath from remaining caught in the follicle. The process of healing will take charge expelling it out, after a few days.

ALL the hairs of your chin is in the anagen phase. In the sides of your face, some already they are in telogen phase. If you were my client, I would ask you not to touch this hair, the injury necessary to kill this hair is very much minor and your skin will answer much better in this area. Fewer inflammation and fewer redness.

Thanks Caith, stoppit and dfahey for helping me gain perspective lol.

Caith, I saw all the haur that was removed today with the new electrolysist - they had black bulbs at the end. And so many - who knew. BUT I will return to Margaret. Her insertions are much more comfortable.

Depilacionelectr - its good to hear that the chin hairs are in prime stage to be killed off if treatment is effective. With the hair on the side of my face - do you mean I should not remove it at home so the roots aren’t strengthened. Should I leave it until I’m ready to start electrolysis in that area?
And thank you for explaining about the hair sheath.

Exactly. Bleaching, cutting, but never pluck.

(if your electrologist agrees, of course)

Issy, one of the things I absolutely LOVE about my electrologist (also named Margaret!) is that her insertions are 99.9% unnoticeable in any way. She has very steady hands and extremely good technique. That makes all the difference in the world, honestly.

So…its my 4 hour with Maragaret and I have had 6.5 hours of electrolysis in total. % hours of thermolysis and 1.5 hours of blend. I belive that there is a small reduction in hair growth, with finer hair and the colour of the hair is lighter. Does that make any sense? However, I now notice the dark vellus type hairs and want them gone.

Session today with Margaret was good. Happy with my skin reaction and there is no comparison between my skin with her and what C did to my skin last week!!! There is the dark vellus hair on my jawline so I’m thinking of returning midweek for her to work on that and my upper lip for 30 minutes and then back as usual on Saturday.

issy

I have now had 6 hours of electrolysis with Margaret. I had two 1 hour sessions this week - chin/upper lip on Thursday and my jawline and sideburns today. Am happy with the condition of my skin from Thursday’s treatment and will see how my skin is after today. She worked a few extra minutes because she was “in the zone” lol.

So…8.5 hours now…7 hours of thermolysis and 1.5 hours of blend. Margaret is going on holiday so I think I will go to Parkside and book a 90 minute block and use those in 30 minute sessions whilst she is away.

Have got good clearance on chin each session and looking to clear cheeks…gradually.

Hoping for longer hair free periods soon sigh

Hi Issy,

I am thinking about booking a session with Margaret… are you still seeing her? If so, hows your progress doing?

I’m looking for an electrologist who is fast. My current lady is good, but she mainly uses blend. Now that all of my thicker,coarse hairs have been eliminated I am left with a blanket of black vellus hair covering my cheeks, chin and neck. So I need someone who can quickly plow through it with thermolysis. Also, I had a look at Margarets price list, and it is so much cheaper than what I am spending at the moment. I am very tempted to book a session!

Hi Dionysus,

I am stil being treated by Maragaret. She uses therm…is not as fast as the electrologists on here but I am happy with her rate of removal. Bear in mind I had a few slow blend sessions at another place so I cannot make a comparison.

For me, I do not have a big skin reaction… redness is gone in hours but I have had a few white heads and at times some small scorch marks! I get a few red dots…slightly less so now. I have commented when the current felt too high but she stated that was the level needed to treat. I have no long lasting marks and I have weekly appointments of one hour. But everyone’s skin is different. I know that stoppit has also seen her so you could PM her.

I have been going since early March for hourly sessions - needed!!!- I have noticed a reduction and finer hair. I was worried that the coarse, thick structure of my hair would not respond to therm but it is working.I have had approx. 16 hours of treatment in total.

Her lighting is a circle magnifiying lamp such as at Parkside. I despair of finding a professional to the standards of those here one the boards (are you guys even real …lol).

She gets busy in the evenings and sessions can be disrupted but she makes up the loss time. The other day she actually worked an extra ten minutes on me because she was just caught up in getting the hairs.

Ideally she would have better lighting and visuals and the apilus platinum but that is asking for the moon. Her extractions are sound, fairly painless and she has a wonderful manner. I would at leat test her treatment out to see how you react.

issy

Hi issy could you send me a private message please?

I hope I’m doing this correctly :confused: