My electrolysis journey...22/female

Hello everyone, thank you for the answers. I have some more questions

1. Will it take the same amount of time for an electrologist to clear a man’s facial hair vs. a hairy female’s face even though the thickness and courseness of hair is very very different? Is it possible for women to have the same density of hair as men?

2. Most of my facial hair are very very soft and fine. Is it possible that they are killed in one go?

3. In some people, can skin become more prone to acne after permanent hair removal is done? Perhaps the pores become smaller and sebum has an easier time getting trapped?

4. Some times i feel like the needle is piercing my skin. I feel a pinch. But that happens very less. Should I be concerned about this?

Even if a woman did have the same number of hairs as a man, the thickness and depth would RARELY match that of a genetic male. Even then, a woman would have to have been plucking constantly, while having an additional factor like a drug interaction and/or PCOS to match a male beard in electrolysis difficulty.

In the overwhelming number of cases, a woman will have fewer hours, and the work will be done at a lower treatment energy level.

All hairs properly treated are killed in one go. The problem is getting them all removed before they shed or fall out of phase, and keeping on top of the new growth (the next batch of hairs coming into phase) as they come in.

At least for a little while, electrolysis actually helps lessen a person’s acne problem. Later, one is left up to one’s natural odds of acne. At any rate, one’s internal levels of vitamins A, C, and zinc have a lot to do with acne. Some people have cured their acne by simply using 100,000 IU’s of A 2 or more grams of C and 220 mg’s of zinc per day ( by taking smaller doses throughout the day that add up to these totals at the end of the day) via a combination of food and supplements.

Hard to tell what is happening, as it could just as easily be the treatment energy that you are feeling. Since we can’t say for sure what is happening, let the way the area heals be your guide. If it heals up fine with no large variation from the rest of the work, don’t worry about it.

depilacionelectr, what do you mean by “adapted blend”?

The “adapted blend” is a blend that does not conform to the exact terms that historically known as traditional blend.
In the traditional blend, the galvanic is the main protagonist, so that each hair needs at least 4 seconds to be removed.
In contrast, galvanic auxiliary aid in the “blend adapted.” The key is a parameter thermolysis intensity needed to treat each hair in a second and add a little galvanic for:
-Promote healing of the skin.
-Keep the needle clean adhesions.
-Deep follicles are treated safely without risk of overtreatment of the skin surface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzjCLtk3yc&feature=channel

For Zaphairzap:

1)According to scientific literature, women are born with the same number of hair follicles that man, however, the size of the follicles is what makes the difference. The key aspect that the electrologist should be considered in treatment between men and women is the difference in skin thickness. In general, the man has a 25% increase in dermal thickness than women. Therefore, overtreatment of women increases by 25%.

2)Yes, it is possible to kill the first time. In fact it should be.

3)As rightly said James, the Electrolysis prevents the formation of acne. Since most of the follicle disappears, the formation of black spots (first manifestation of the grain) in the follicle infundibulum (part remains intact after the electrolysis) is practically impossible.

4)When the needle pierces the skin, you feel a jab. Sometimes it is a matter of keeping the skin taut, some techniques such as two-handed technique difficult enough to keep the skin taut. This is the evil of the electrologist, the tendinitis. Sometimes you have to pull many kilos to maintain the follicle enlarged and that the insertion is imperceptible.

1. The timing depends on the number of hairs you personally have to remove.

2. Normally, it should be. But that’s not always the case. Also, you don’t know whether the hair is in anagen when you’re first treating it, which is when it’s easiest to kill.

3. I have never heard reports of this.

4. You shouldn’t feel insertions. I would ask the electrologist about it. Maybe the probe is too thick…

For your last question - I believe it’s normal when having blend done, to feel a slight pinch (almost like a tiny shock) when the thermolysis part of the blend comes on. I can actually watch the machine when my electrologist is working, and I see that when the light for the heat flashes on (which is once the needle is ALREADY in the follicle, not when it pierces the skin), that is when I feel the pinch. It’s not really painful, but it is a noticeable sensation.

This is very different from feeling the actual insertion. I used to go to an electrologist who did manual thermolysis and I felt every single insertion, followed by the burst of heat. I now know these were not great treatments.

Hope this helps set your mind at rest. You could try asking for a mirror so you can watch your electrologist doing a couple of insertions and you’ll be able to tell what the pain you are feeling is.

Thank you everyone for your answers, especially James and Josefa.

So, now I’m 18-20 hours in. I was kind of shocked when I calculated all that since I expected the current results in about 10-12 hours (thats a lot of money but I do like my electrologist). Now, 2.5 months later, I will stop going in every week. Perhaps twice a month for two hours each time should be fine. I’m moving toward my chin now, along with clearing up side hairs whenever they show up.

I will post a pic in about a month’s time when my acne has healed. I’ve started using differin. I wish I had anticipated breaking out and been using it all along but things should be ok in a few months. I’m also starting on zinc supplements soon.

The best thing that has happened to me in this process is that (thanks to this forum and you all) I started reading up a lot before starting and I was mentally prepared for slow results though there is still some worry that all hair will come back.

Thank you guys, really appreciate the support.

One question I have is, I have been getting my upper lip threaded for about 7-8 yrs. So now if I start getting electrolysis only on the hair that show up from now on (around 20-30 every two weeks)should I expect a really really long treatment course? Or should I just leave out the upper lip thing
and focus on other places since threading works well enough for me?

Josefa: I love looking at the pictures you post. Seeing before after pics makes me very excited about electrolysis

Stoppit: I tried bleaching abdomen hair and it works wonderfully. I wasn’t expecting such a big difference!

• It’s cheapest overall if you just treat all the hair you want removed in one treatment and get a clearance. Then come in every time you have new hairs, usually every 2 weeks to start (then it will slow down to every 3-4 weeks). Since cost per hour is cheaper than paying for less than that and since some electrologists will negoatiate an even better price for multiple hours purchased up front, it would be cheaper in the end then starting and stopping various areas.

• I wouldn’t even think twice about removing that upper lip hair. 30 hairs is at most a 10-minute treatment at each session. Very little time and money to spend not never have to thread again.

Nice to hear how you’re getting on :slight_smile:

Definitely get the upper lip done. That 20-30 every two weeks will get less and less over time too. So even if overall it takes more than a year to clear it for good, I doubt you will spend a huge amount of time on it.

Glad the bleaching worked well! I did it this weekend for the first time in about a year. I amazed myself too as I had almost forgotten how effective it really is. I wouldn’t be embarrassed if anyone caught a glimpse of it.

You could probably do your face as well. It works well on fair skin and your hairs seem quite fine and not very long. It will make the new hairs coming through much less noticeable.

I appreciate your compliments Zaphairzap, but in reality the pictures are possible through the kindness of my clients because they allow me to share with you all.

Thanks you, again.

Hello guys, some more questions:

If a hair is removed from an active, pus-filled pimple formed over an infected pore, and then the same probe is used for other follicles, is it possible to get pimples/infections in those? (although, as I understand, pus is antibacterial)

I already have porous, oily skin. But recently when I had my appointment, all the hair in one area were removed and my skin looks SO orange peel like. It’s scaring me. Is this normal?

Do pimples almost always involve an ingrown hair or at least a follicle with hair in it? In other words, does the presence of hair in the pore make it more likely for sebum to get trapped?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Some people have “orange peel” skin (including myself) before they ever begin electrolysis. Once the hairs are removed, the big follicles that were once filled with a hair can then become really noticeable. There is no way (at least that I am aware of) to reduce the size of the large empty follicles.

To add to that: No, pimples don’t only form in hair follicles. Inactive follicles and pores produce pimples because they still produce sebum and shed dead skin cells and get clogged and house bacteria etc…