My Electrolysis Experience

I had my first treatment today with Diane Williams in New City, NY. I have never had electrolysis before.

I had initially scheduled an appointment for 5:30 and a 15-minute appointment, but she called me and asked if it would be OK to come in earlier. I was able to, and I’m so glad I did.

She took me right in, told me about the treatment (most of which I already knew from reading these forums), and got to work. Every 15 minutes she asked me how I was doing, and I was fine-- she ended up doing an hour treatment on me. She cleared my chin and about 1/4 of each sideburn. The pain was significant, but not unbearable by any means. She used a cooling gel and that helped quite a bit.

I was most happy about coming home and shaving off what she didn’t have a chance to treat-- I had left it for 3 or 4 days so I was feeling like quite a monster. I didn’t even go to work today because of it.

I have an appointment for one week from today, for another hour, and I already can’t wait to go. I’m kinda interested to see what the hair growth will be like by then.

I wish I had more to report, but it went very smoothly and I’m happy about that.

Edited to add: She used thermolysis. She said that it’s the only method available in our area, that blend is used mostly on the west coast so there isn’t many people who do it around here, and there’s only one person in the county that used galvanic… can James or anyone else confirm this? I’m in Rockland County NY.

I’m so happy for you! I read your other post in the share your feelings section, and I’m glad to hear that you’re getting your facial hair taken care of! Keep us updated on your progress! By the way, how much did your electrolysis charge you? Did you expirence any redness or scabbing?

Thanks! She charges $70 per hour. I was pretty red right afterwards, but it had pretty much faded by the end of the day. Today it’s not very red but a little bit swollen, and there’s no scabbing at all.

beautiful! keep it up!