My Electrolysis Diary: starting October 2011

Thank you! Oh yes, the hairs are much less dense now - they aren’t anywhere near as coarse or noticeable as they used to be. Best wishes to you for your treatment :slight_smile:

So about a week after I posted this my skin smoothed out and now feels much better. I understand now what LAgirl was referring to as being able to tell true progress. I have my monthly appt next week and my hairs feel much less dense than it did, the bumpy feeling has subsided, and the area has begun to clear up. My skin’s reaction to the electrolysis is great the first few days, then when I start to shave again it gets irritable and bumpy and I start to get breakouts. Since I felt the breakouts were due to ingrown hairs I started using a facial scrub at night during a really hot shower. After that I use witch hazel and apply ezithromycin or clyndamicin before going to bed. I use to use nerium ad which I love but couldn’t afford to keep buying it. So, I get it that we need to give our skin time to heal but those two weeks after electrolysis sucks real bad right now. Looking fwd to next weeks visit and hopefully a better skin response this month. Continuing the unwanted hair battle and looking fwd to joining team “free from unwanted hair.”