My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..

Hello,
I have a big problem here…
My electrologist doesn’t want to hear and understand that all hairs of all phases can be treated by electrolysis!
It s been more than one year that i grow my ugly mustache and brows that drives me insane , to have the best results , according to the informations i had gotten from this forum… For nothing , because she keeps plucking " hairs with no roots" .
As a client , I should be ignorant about the system of electrolysis ?
Since 2015 , I have seen 5 different so called professionnals in France and it is always the same old disappointment and anger , and loss of money and time.
Is there any document on the Internet that i can show them so they understand at last?? I am not trying to educate them , I just want to be HAIR FREE! WHY DO THEY HAVE SO MUCH EGO INSTEAD OF LISTENNING ? I told her twice very gently , i’ve made a considerable effort because i am very shy, but always the same answer…" ive done professional électrolysis for 10 years so nobody will teach me that hairs without roots can be treated , only young hairs can be ! I Am the professionnal blablabla"

there is another professionnal, she is the only one that treats all hairs , even the telogen ones , but she doesnt want to treat me during summer because of the risks of hyperpigmentation increased by the Sun…I explained that i use an SPF 50 and that i work at home but she didnt care… she asked me to keep my facial ugly hairs until end of September…plus, last time she treated me i had very bad reaction. I ve paid 90euros for 100 hairs removed while the first time i ve paid same price for 400 hairs removed.( she is overpriced, electrolysis in France is very long road and pain in the …)
And she doesnt want to remove the tiny black one because , according to her, upperlip needs some hairs to protect from aging…

It seems to me that my skin heals better with thermolysis treatment( done by the professionnal plucker)

Now I must choose and i need your advices please…wait until september and have no social life or continue with the arrogant plucker and tell her NOT to pluck my telogen ones again ?
Last time i told her so, she said she needs to make “some space” so she can treats the anagen ones better…
I am lost , I am battling with that since end 2005.

I suggest you get in touch with Adrien Sanchiz in this forum.He’s from france, has spoken on the issue of french electrologists before , though I dont know where he’s practicing currently. He may be in spain .

Seana

You might indeed consider to go to Spain or to Germany or maybe Belgium.

Hello Seana ,

Thank you for the answer.
I asked him for advices last year , he gave me good ones, but unfortunately he pratices too far from me.
Electrology in France is a big mess.

I feel sorry after ready your journey. It is true the situation in France is a big mess. Only physicians are allowed to practice electrolysis but they do not know how to do it because virtually there is no educational electrolysis course, not in medical university, nor in private school.
Moreover they use to charge very expensive (like 200€ per hour).

Unfortunately you can not educate them. How a certificated physician who spent 10 years of medecin will listen a non-physician ? (Of course they should sometimes…). Only an other physician who well knows electrolysis could be listened by them.

Currently I am working in Spain though,

Which they even need to do in order to keep their main business (the medical practice) running.

Unfortunately you can not educate them. How a certificated physician who spent 10 years of medecin will listen a non-physician ? (Of course they should sometimes…). Only an other physician who well knows electrolysis could be listened by them.

The do not even listen to trained physicists with a PhD which are at least as close to the backgrounds of hair removal as physicians (like me).

I mean, 200€ for plucking hair, is a little bit expensive…
Moreover I am not worry about their main business. The same also use to do laser hair removal. A very lucrative method.

That’s the other side of the story, dear Adrian.

The few physicians here in Germany appear to charge something around 120 € per hour, and for a lot less i can deliver (there are two in my vicinity doing mini-appointments).

I pay 6 euro for every 5 minutes, I guess that’s 72 euro per hour. After looking at the prices here, it suddenly seems cheap to me.

That’s indeed a moderate price.

Interesting to check that quality does not always equal to price.
Josefa, one of the fastest and effective electrologist charges € 70 / hour.

“And she doesnt want to remove the tiny black one because , according to her, upperlip needs some hairs to protect from aging…”

Perhaps she is referring to the death of stem cells located in “the bulge” area of the follicle. Mike Bono has written on this forum about how research into treating male pattern baldness has led to the discovery of the function of these stem cells. It is said that the stem cells regenerate the papilla, as well as other parts, so that if you kill the stem cells, you also will make the skin look aged faster. Stem cells play a part in youthful-looking skin, but if you don’t kill them, the papilla that feeds the hair follicle will come back (so some people argue). So, I don’t think your electrologist was trying to lie to you about that.

I will eventually do a video on this “anagen only and papilla: the target” myth. A VERY VERY stubborn myth indeed. (Interesting that this myth was exploded in 1968 … but, for some reason, it persists!) And, because my nephew is fluent in French, we will do a French translation (voice over).

I have not given up on Youtube and now have a bunch of videos to publish. However, until Youtube “figures out the mess they have created” we are not going to publish them. Doing this is like throwing our work into a “black hole.” Another entity may pick up where Youtube has failed. Or, perhaps, they will fire the idiot CEO who ruined the thing.

Back in the 1980s when I was in the Netherlands, the authorities (ANBOS) had recently-graduated electrologists perform on a person’s legs (testing their skills). If the electrologist was unlucky enough to remove a telogen hair … she would FAIL the test, because they thought she had “broken off the hair.” At the time, they had no understanding of the shedding cycle.

I actually witnessed the testing, and the person testing the candidate would say, “Oh my … you just broke off the hair; no root. Sorry but you just failed the test!”

I stopped them mid-test, and seriously got their attention! (Everybody passed that day.)

What a brilliant idea Mike ! A lot of people need this kind of video. I did not get exactly what happened to you with YouTube. I hope it can be fixed.
Consumers and electrolysis practicionners need your didactic videos.

Michael, regarding Youtube: might dailymotion be an alternative? AFAIK that’s the 2nd largest video portal, and it is located in Europe (France).

Good suggestion Beate. You can use Vimeo website also.