Multiple needle galvanic interest

Hello I’m very curious about trying multi needle galvanic. Why is the only machine I can find the genetronixs multi probe? Is there any manufacturers that currently make new multi needle machines. Is this model the same as the basic genetronics epilator only with attachment of 16 probes? Anybody’s thoughts would be appreciated it’s for my male chest and back hair. I know this is probably not how the machine works but wouldn’t it be cool if it was like an attachment to connect to any galavanic machine similar to computers or other electronics that have an input jack where different things could be plugged in and work with the machine

1 Like

Multiple-needle galvanic machines have not been manufactured for 15-20 years. If you have a lot of hair on your chest and back, MNG will be too slow - like shoveling snow with a teaspoon. If you have scattered hair and you have found a good practitioner that specializes in galvanic, I would say go for it, otherwise, you would be better served by flash-thermolysis or the blend method. Both would be faster and in the right hands, just as effective. Remember, there are NO special machines or methods. All remove hair permanently.

Treating a full chest with Galvanic would take 12-18 months to complete using 32 probes. Its longer appointments but much shorter time frame and it delivers 100% end result without ongoing touchups
The multi probe machines I believe, will be available again through a company in Europe later this year. When I have more information will get them to do a post for those interested.

2 Likes

Thankyou.

I think I spoke with your office before it’s actually what motivated me to look into the multi needle. I was wanting to travel to you for a week long initial clearance. I can’t find anybody in my country with multi needle galvanic that seemed like a good option for me.

What fascinates me is how each needle can remain positioned without having a steady hand holding it. Does it compromise the accuracy of the insertions oppose to galvanic with one needle.

Interesting.

I’m reluctant to get thermolysis because it never seemed to be effective on my thick beard the hairs kept coming back but when I got galvanic the hairs have never came back I noticed a drastic difference.

My chest hairs are spaced out but dark and it coarse I’m not sure about I’f they are coarser than my beard I’m pretty sure they are thinner. I’m wondering if it will be as long of a process as my beard was. It seems like it isn’t as much hair so I’m hoping somebody could tell me that men’s beards are typically more dense than chest area

1 Like

One more thing that maybe you could clarify, you suggest I should do single mneedle galvanic instead of multineedle? Isn’t the multineedle faster I thought that was the purpose that having multiple hairs treated with galvanic simultaneously would save time over just one needle at a time.

Thankyou

Thermolysis is highly effective on any size hair, especially thick hair, if it is done correctly. People that don’t do thermolysis correctly blame the modality when they should look inward at their skill and equipment. I am 100% sure of what I’m saying, by the way, because I have lived it and have seen positive outcome for years.

2 Likes

Your beard hairs kept coming back with thermolysis because your electrologist did NOT know how to do one-time kill. It has everything to do with the skill of the electrologist, not the modality.

2 Likes

But galvanic has a higher first time kill rate than thermolysis is that not true?

No, it is NOT true. The skill of the electrologist determines efficacy, NOT modality or machine type. When you go to a restaurant and your food is overcooked, do you blame the stove or the chef? When you visit the dentist, do you blame a machine or the dentist when a crown falls out in three months? If one method of electrolysis was more effective than another, don’t you think every electrologist would be using it? If you don’t believe me, look it up. This forum contains photographic proof that flash-thermolysis is capable of permanent hair removal with little to no regrowth. The key will be finding an electrologist with the right skill set to make it happen.

2 Likes

I’d say galvanic is “dumb proof” and so is blend but thermolysis requires a lot of skill to get it right that’s why there are unsatisfied, frustrated clients whose option is mostly thermolysis in many regions.

1 Like

I wouldn’t exactly call galvanic or blend “dumb proof.” In my 39 years as an electrologist, I have seen my share of scarring from faulty blend and galvanic treatments. In fact, I still bear the scars from a faulty multiple-needle galvanic treatment administered on my neck in San Francisco that dates back to 1980. I was the victim of overtreatment. It can happen with any modality. It can happen with ANY machine. Consumer dissatisfaction is not limited to thermolysis. I am reminded of the popular Boeing 727 airliner that for many years had more crashes than any other airliner during its reign. It was one of the safest airliners in the sky. So why were there more 727 crashes compared with other airliners? Because there were more of them. There are more thermolysis practitioners than blend or galvanic. Its all about numbers. Some unhappy consumers fail to complete the treatment program and will blame everything and everyone but themselves. I see this all the time. “I tried it but it did not work” is the standard cry. The electrologist is blamed, the machine is blamed and others blame the modality. Modality wars among electrologists have now infected consumers that chase machines, methods and what they believe are trade secrets in search of the highest quality electrolysis procedure. These people are chasing rainbows. Finding the best of the best in the electrology universe is analogous to finding the best dentist, the best plastic surgeon, or the best cardiologist. It takes time and effort by researching your options, asking friends or co-workers, reading reviews and meeting a professional for a face to face evaluation. One of the best ways to find a good electrologist is to ask a dermatologist for a referral to someone that is skilled. With the number of people that flow through their offices they see and hear it all.

1 Like

I would add that clients are extremely unreliable in judging their progress. It can take many months to see a noticeable reduction, and people very easily misremember the amount of hair originally present.

If a client does several months of thermolysis treatments and then switches to galvanic, the reduction experienced naturally as a result of progressing through treatments may be misinterpreted by the client as the result of a change in modality.

If you have your heart set on galvanic, I won’t stop you. There is sadly a shortage of skilled electrologists on our side of the world, but they definitely exist, and they definitely produce great results in any modality.

1 Like

Yes my wording is not the best to the point I was trying to make. I have done electrolysis 95% thermolysis on my body for YEARS not just 12, not just 24 months, but years. I could tell regrowth apart from new hair in my sleep. What I have achieved with galvanic doing it on my own, could not be achieved with professional treatments in time and money invested between electrologists. I didn’t just quit after few months of pro treatments. I don’t want to bash therrmolysis because I see what the few could achieve with it; yes it’s hard to find that magically skilled professional and I’m not calling the electrologists whom treated me as badly skilled… But after years of religious investment of time and money, none of my journeys of electrolysis on various areas of the body were ever completed in 12-18 months as the standard mantra went. It took much longer and not because I didn’t adhere to the schedule. Perhaps some modalities do have a better kill rate?.. I can’t prove nor has electrology profession ever adhered to real scientific research standards but personal experience is mine.

2 Likes

so Would u say it takes more skill to properly do thermolysis? From what I understand is it has to be precisely positioned on the papilla. Where as galvanic it can stilll be effective even if needle is slightly off ?

Your target is the stem cells in the bulge region, Clinical trials were done in Korea to prove this by extracting follicles, removing the lower third of the follicle and transplanting the remaining part into the leg with the stem cells. They grew hair.
So look at your methods of choice and decide if you are comfortable with the way they are able to destroy these stem cells. This is why I chose and invested so much research into Galvanic multi probe - it made sense to me and the results and timeframes that I have been able to achieve, have delighted my clients.
There is no difference in level of skills required for single or multi probe. They both require professional skill. I believe most thermolysis operators are passionate and have a high level of skill as do multi, however there was not a lot of information on galvanic hence my reason for investing into research. It was worth the spend!

1 Like

Thankyou all for your advice and experience. Just to clarify I had
maintained a consistent treatment schedule of two times/ week for 2 hours
each visit=
4 hours per week for 2 and a half years. This was with blend. It
significantly removed my beard however my neck hair has returned ( the area
treated last) and my face remains clear but get very thin weak hairs on my
face that are hard to notice to the untrained eye. I then had galvanic
since then on two occasions 8 months have passed and the areas treated by
the galvanic I have not seen any regrowth at all. I also had received
thermolysis and found that the hairs kept returning, noticeably thinner and
weaker and not as dark but they would return. This has been my experience
and I’m trying to be objective and learn from this. It very well could have
been the practitioner since I have some degree of doubt in all but a few of
the many electrologists who have worked one me. One whom I respect very
much and appears to have the most knowledge and experience with
electrolysis is the one who did the thermolysis which is what creates doubt
in my mind. I wonder if I were to get thermolysis with her for the same
amount of time and consistency as the practitioner who used the blend on me
if it would eventually kill the hair. My main concern at this point is I’m
trying to achieve permanent kill with the least amount of insertions as
possible( for the purpose of my skin health , not solely to save money or
get done “quicker”) and from what I have read and seen from the galvanic
I’ve had it appears that there is a significantly higher possibility Of
first time kill rate with galvanic as oppose to thermolysis. I’m simply
wondering if this is factual and what it is based on.
And of course all of this assuming that the insertions are accurate. I’ve
also been told by several sources that galvanic is best for deeply rooted
coarse hair while thermolysis is extremely effective for finer hair or
peach fuzz.

First time kill can be achieved with ANY modality on any machine. The type of hair, depth of growth, is irrelevant. Efficacy depends 100% on the skill of the practitioner - period. Anything to the contrary is misinformation cooked up by electrologists promoting their machine and modality of choice. Anyone that tells you galvanic is best for coarse hair and thermolysis is best for fine hair is unethical.

2 Likes

I’m hopeful that what your saying is true. I think more electrologists should document their work with dates and follow ups, etc.

For everyone who believes in thermolysis, and claims it’s the practitioner, wouldn’t it be awesome if consumers could maybe be referred to electrologists who are doing thermolysis correctly with results?

I actually hope I’m wrong and that it was the practitioners who have performed electrolysis on me, as it would give me hope at achieving my permanent goals.

And better yet let’s call out these electrologists who are not using the modality correctly. I mean from client reviews.

I feel like this site could be even more informative and objective. There is so much disagreements of opinion and it’s discouraging for the consumer.

This community regularly refers people to competent electrologists if possible. There are many cities around the world and many electrologists, so it isn’t always possible to refer someone locally. In that case, Dee and Seana have previously written about trialling several electrologists at the beginning to determine which offers the best treatment.

As for calling out incompetent electrologists, there is nothing stopping you from leaving a negative review on their social media or through Google. Since you are the one who received poor results after so long, this action is entirely in your hands rather than ours.

I’m not sure what more information or objectivity you’re seeking. So far, the source of disagreements that you claim is discouraging you and other consumers is coming from you and one other poster. When someone like Josefa, Seana or Dee provides information that thermolysis is as effective and permanent as galvanic, this is not based on their subjective assessment. It is based on actual, real life results that they have brought to their clients for many years.

So, in that case, what changes in the community would you specifically like to see?

1 Like