Multineedle Electrolysis (Blend)

What is the usual opinion on pain with thermolysis vs blend?

I started with blend at my first clearing (underarms), then she moved to thermolysis. The thermolysis goes much faster. Last time I was there she did all thermolysis and my skin felt pretty beat up, so I had her go back to blend, especially since I read here that blend is more likely to work the first time. I could not believe how much worse the blend felt…I can’t believe I did it for an hour and a half that one time! :smile: She did about 2/3 of one underarm and then I asked her to switch back to thermolysis for the rest of that one and the other one. It felt so much better and was a lot faster. I think she is using a fairly high power on the thermolyis too.

Do most people have the opposite experience? Maybe my practitioner just isn’t that good at doing blend??

RJC, multi-needle is hard to master, but it’s almost however many times faster than regular as their are needles (usually 16X faster). You can probably still clear more hairs in one session with thermolysis, but the payoff comes in long-term time saved. You may end up needing more time using the thermolysis device, since it is considered a little less effective in many cases.

Thanks Andrea. There is a little bit less pain overall with blend multineedle. I am happy with results. Best method so far for white hair.

RJC2001

You may find Thermolysis to be perferable on the underarms. You can clear the entire area, while the sensation is usually more tolerable as well. In this way, you will look finished from the begining, and you can also treat the hairs before you can actually see them with the naked eye. Although you will have more treatment appointments, the overall treatment time might be the same or less based on the higher per hair time needed for blend. As long as one has thin virgin underarm hair, the setting on flash can actually be on the low side of life.

Sounds like you are doing well.