Montreal, anyone?

Can anyone refer me to a successful practitioner in montreal? I believe I may have to switch clinics.

Thank you

Try eclipse laser, their website is www.eclipselaser.net, they have really good rates

I am actually currently with them but my last few treatments were incredibly patchy and downright inefficient.

They have closed 2 of their 3 clinics (I wonder why), and the remaining clinic is too far from me, but until I find a better place, that’s where Im going still.

But yes their prices are OK.

Hi,

You can try Epiderma. They have several locations. I went to Jean-Talon and Langelier. They might be comparatively pricey. I paid nearly $2000 CDN for my beard.

Originally, there was to be 6-7 treatments. I had 10 with them. My beard is somewhat stubborn and 26 months after my first treatment, there are patches of hair in my moustache area and around the lower lip.

However, I was somewhat dissappointed with them. They originally guaranteed 100% permanent removal. After 7 treatments they wanted me to pay more for additional sessions, which I refused. They gave me three more yet the beard persists (damn hormones of mine, I guess).

Another problem with Epiderma, which I didn’t appreciate, was that I noticed a considerable amount of facial hair was turning white after 2-3 sessions. They were telling me it had nothing to do with the treatments. Eventually, one of their experts conceded that laser treatment can cause loss of pigmentation on facial hair of some men. I didn’t appreciate their initial denial.

I have since tried another treatment at an esthetician in RDP, using the F1 Diode Laser. I didn’t find it as efficient, although it was considerably less painful. I may have to go back to Epiderma one last time (likely have to pay).

I am very upset.

The practitioner who gave me GOOD results no longer works at Eclipse, and they closed 2 of their 3 clinics.

Im stuck with a newbie that REFUSES to up the joules, even though I feel nothing. I don’t want any of that laser triggered hair growth to make things worse!

I’ve done my chest today, at 20 joules (first treatment) and I hardly felt a thing. This sucks, I cant seem to find a good affordable place, and I dont want to be undertreated to make things worse than originaly started.

Besides being undertreated, there are major spots she missed.

I remember how my leg treatment hurt… I can hardly feel anything on my chest. My legs had GRET results after only 3 treatments.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> I was somewhat dissappointed with them. They originally guaranteed 100% permanent removal. After 7 treatments they wanted me to pay more for additional sessions, which I refused. They gave me three more yet the beard persists (damn hormones of mine, I guess). Another problem with Epiderma, which I didn’t appreciate, was that I noticed a considerable amount of facial hair was turning white after 2-3 sessions. They were telling me it had nothing to do with the treatments. Eventually, one of their experts conceded that laser treatment can cause loss of pigmentation on facial hair of some men. I didn’t appreciate their initial denial.) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>This is what Electrologists complain about. Consumers are sold a bill of goods that they will be buying 100% permanent hair removal with 20 years of reliable AMA studies saying that the treatment is safe, effective, and reliable results can be given to everybody who walks off the street. Then they don’t notice that the language of the contract they sign is full of back peddling, and weasle clauses.

When all is done, they bring their white beards with the “J” shaped follicles and sharp exit angles to the local electrologist and ask for help. That is, if they don’t give up on the very idea of permanent removal all together.

We would all get along much better if all practitioners were just honest about what they have to offer.

Electrologists can’t promise to cover your entire body in one day, and light based techniques can’t promise to deliver 100% Permanent Hair Removal.

James, what was the practitioner’s name? I had good results the first 2 times on my chest and back (downtown clinic). However, the third time in their last remaining clinic on Acadie, I got patchy regrowth and one half was treated better than the other (I had one practitioner do each half).
Everytime I mention that to them they say: yeah, it’s normal, typical results, I’m sick of that!

I think her name is Stephanie, but I am not sure.

Next time I go down there, I plan to print out some medical articles about laser induced hair growth and show them it, if they tell me “yeah typical”

Cos it is NOT typical. Im not going to be undertreated another time.

They had a technician called Celine who gave me excellent results on my legs after only 3 treatments! I never needed any more. However, she does not work there anymore.

Also, next appointment Im going to ask for another technician, cos I think the one I have is the absolute worst of the bunch. She missed a whole 2 inch thick column on my chest.

I might invest some time in hunting down Celine and finding out if she is just working elsewhere, or if there is some reason she no longer does this type of work. As you have seen, a good practitioner is hard to find. You might even be able to work out a deal where she just comes back to treat you, and you alone.

I think we got the same practitioner james! cuz the one who did my right side left a 2 inch column on my abs too, I guess that’s kind of her signature lol.

Somehow I feel they will not tell me where Celine went.

Last time I asked if she worked there anymore they said “no.” Just no. But since they closed 2 out of 3 clinics Im sure they downsized.

I will ask more. However, in the meantime, I will ask for Rosa, she seems to be one of the better ones.

Be resourceful. If you got her full name, you can do a search for her and get a message to her even without help from the clinic.

This is usually where I would say something like, why would a place be downnsizing that badly (2 out of 3 locations) if light based hair removal were the magic wand that some promote it to be, but I will just leave it at, do your best to find the person who gave you what you were looking for. Should you find that you need Electrology later to “Finish the job”, you will have already gotten the information you need here and at our sister site www.hairfacts.com to help you find a good practitioner near you.

I once tracked down a massage theripist who left the company had used. We now see each other on an incall basis since I have a massage table in my office.