moles after laser tx

anybody see a difference in their moles after having laser treated on them? i got my arms done with the Aurora (first tx), and some of my moles are either darker, lighter, or a little scabbed? the one thats scabbed is a little raised, i know the paperwork said they shouldn’t treat over moles, but she said its ok as long as they aren’t huge or extremely raised. i’m sure they will go away, but i really want to pick at it, but i know i shouldn’t

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by stargazer:
<strong>anybody see a difference in their moles after having laser treated on them? i got my arms done with the Aurora (first tx), and some of my moles are either darker, lighter, or a little scabbed? the one thats scabbed is a little raised, i know the paperwork said they shouldn’t treat over moles, but she said its ok as long as they aren’t huge or extremely raised. i’m sure they will go away, but i really want to pick at it, but i know i shouldn’t</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Moles should not be treated because the laser removes the pigment from the mole and one of the ways you can tell if a mole is suspecious is if there are pigment changes in the mole. However, one treatment isn’t likely to remove all the pigment from a mole. Next time, ask that the moles be covered. Sunspots and freckles are ok to laser over, unless you’re wanting to keep them. Don’t pick at it, you could be left w/a scar.

yeah well I picked at it, cuz it was annoying, the scab was gonna fall off anyway, the scab was black and underneath its just a lighter brown color and not as raised as before, its kinda hard to avoid the moles cuz I have so many of them on my arms