Microtouch trimmer, etc.

Anyone know if these things actually work?
Microtouch, finishing touch, igia micro trim, etc…? Thanks!

CVS had advertised the Finishing Touch for $9.95. I have not been able to find one. When I do I will buy it.

The Microtouch looks like the same thing, only it is marketed for men. The commercials on ESPN and MSNBC show it being used by men to remove chest, ab, back, and arm hair.

I doubt that as shaves as close as a blade like they claim. It is intended more as a trimmer I think. I want to try it on nose and ear hair. It’s either that or electrolysis. I don’t want to walk around with red dots on my ears.

RJC2001

I went to Walgreen’s and ey were out of the Microtouch too. I oredred one from the Dr. Leonar’s Health Care Catalog. It should be here in a week or two. I will report my findings.

RJC2001

I purchased a Finishing Touch hair trimmer as soon as it came on tv.I payed 15.00 for it, and it didn’t even work!It is very difficult to even get it to trim the hair.And if it does it cuts it off way too short and leaves a horrid stubble.sorry to have to tell ya this…but I beleive now that all of those tiny trimmers are a big waste of money!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by RJC2001:
<strong>CVS had advertised the Finishing Touch for $9.95. I have not been able to find one. When I do I will buy it.

The Microtouch looks like the same thing, only it is marketed for men. The commercials on ESPN and MSNBC show it being used by men to remove chest, ab, back, and arm hair.

I doubt that as shaves as close as a blade like they claim. It is intended more as a trimmer I think. I want to try it on nose and ear hair. It’s either that or electrolysis. I don’t want to walk around with red dots on my ears.

RJC2001</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Yeah, I also doubt if it gets as close as a blade. I think it would take a while to do larger areas.

I just got my Microtouch last week and am very happy with it. You just have to realize its limitations.

No. it does not shave as close as a blade. But with a AAA battery as the power supply, it runs at a surprisingly high RPM. It shaves far closer than the Lady Fair or Femini trimmers that come with the Seiko or its clones.

No, it is not good for doing large areas, in spite of what the ad shows. But the small head and fine teeth are great for getting into hard to trim areas like between the eyebrows or as the base of the neck, or areas that cut and bleed easily.

If you realize the trimmer limitations I think it works very well, especially for the low price.

RJC2001

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by RJC2001:
<strong>I just got my Microtouch last week and am very happy with it. You just have to realize its limitations.

No. it does not shave as close as a blade. But with a AAA battery as the power supply, it runs at a surprisingly high RPM. It shaves far closer than the Lady Fair or Femini trimmers that come with the Seiko or its clones.

No, it is not good for doing large areas, in spite of what the ad shows. But the small head and fine teeth are great for getting into hard to trim areas like between the eyebrows or as the base of the neck, or areas that cut and bleed easily.

If you realize the trimmer limitations I think it works very well, especially for the low price.

RJC2001</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>So the Micro Touch shaves closer than the Femini? That’s good to know, cause I was thinking of getting a Femini and I think the cost is about $35 for it. Do you know of any drugstores that sell the Micro Touch besides Walgreens? I think it’s about $15 plus shipping/handling off the commerical.

Hi,
I have just purchased finishing touch the micro system .I got it from bed bath and beyond store for $9.99 .There are also other stores like,longs drugs and walgreens which sell it for $9.99 .
I haven’t use it yet.
I have a question for those who have used it .How long does it take for the hair to grow back after using finishing touch?
THANX IN ADVANCE
I will post my results here

can anyone tell me if the microtouch is a quiet trimmer? I use the ladyfair trimmer currently, and it works good at trimming the hair down to a smaller size, but the motor is so loud. Does anyone know of a more silent trimmer? thanks

[ January 31, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Semore ]

Semore,
I just got the Micro Touch, so I’ll let you know how loud the motor is, and what I think of it.