microscopic hair?

I sent an email to this company that sells vanisha
(actually its not availeable yet) and they said that reapplication of vanisha will produce a minimanl hair growth, or microscopic hair. what does it mean? baby’s hair?

These guys are making it up as they go along. There is no published clinical data regarding the use of this product. Their claims are not founded on scientific data, but rather on sales tactics.

Vanisha should not be confused with Vaniqa. Vanisha is an herbal conconction of unknown strength, where Vaniqa is a prescription cream made by a large pharmaceutical company and backed with published medical research and govenrment approval.

Check with them what they mean by “microscopic hairs.” They made it up, so they probably have a good made-up definition, too.

Andrea its not fair you are against them, they are not even selling the product yet, they are still checking it and working with the FDA.
Anyway i sent them few emails under diffrent names but with the same questions, if i see something isnt right i will let you know.

I’m just against their making claims that they can cause microscopic hairs without any published scientic proof. It’s quackery.

They need to prove claims like this with some legitimate data. They haven’t shown any proof.

Andrea, what percentage of the products that are tested by the FDA are actually approved? I’m curious.

FDA does not test products. They review the results submitted by the manufacturer. In the case of drugs, there is a lengthy premarket approval system to ensure safety and effectiveness.

To date, only Vaniqa has submitted enough data for FDA to make a formal decision regarding its safety and effectiveness for hair inhibition.

Stuff liike Ultra Hair Away and Vanisha are considered cosmetics and are not required to make submissions unless they start making health claims. Generally, FDA considers a claim such as hair removal to be a cosmetic claim instead of a health claim, so they don’t do much enforcement.

FDA is much more strict in other consumer categories. For instance, if a dietary supplement claimed it lowered cholesterol wihout submitting proof to FDA, they’d shut the company down. That’s because unlike hair removal, this is a serious claim that could mislead consumers into making a potentially fatal healthcare choice based on unsubstantiated claims.

You may have seen a lot of herbal dietary products that make health claims. They often have disclaimers that say, “This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.” That’s FDA’s way of trying to protect consumers from all the herbal remedy quackery in the dietary supplement industry.

Unfortunately, FDA doesn’t seem to enforce a similar rule for the cosmetics industry beyond a few more serious attempted claims. This allows cosmetics products like Ultra Hair Away and Kalo to get away with all sorts of unproven claims.

In the case of Vanisha, they are trying to pretend they are Vaniqa, so FDA may have stepped in to enforce the distinction. Vanisha is making claims that are ot based on any clinical data.

Although FDA regulates cosmetics, their main responsibility is food, drugs, and medical devices. That leaves a field wide open to make all kinds of ridiculous claims like “age-defying moisturizers” or “permanent hair removal spray.”

Once I get the rest of these electric tweezers out of business, I’m going after these hair inhibitor quacks.

Andera, i believe that ppl in this forum would love to help you with you “war” against this quacks. Just tell us what to do.

The main thing people can do is post alerts about ads or claims about these products.

I kind of have to take these things down in a specific order, so first go the medical devices. After that’s under control, I’ll move to the herbals and dietary supplements that don’t have proof.