I am a real Flash N Go user who bought my 2nd 120K cartridge last month on July 4th. Yes, the sheer irony of claiming independence from hair is awesome! Now, let me state, I have also been at this since Aug 28th of last year 2015. Oh, yes it does reduce hair and many places hair does not return. Now, you have to look at the amount of time it takes. If you have watched the infomercials it shows women using that thing like nothing and showing all of us is just so easy. Wrong!
If you think you can flash your entire body in one day, think again! Then as the infomercial shows the unit being used with glass window going side to side, not good. If you use it that way expect burns, since loose skin will get caught in that window. I have been there. Took me a few months to start using that window up/down and going around my arms and finally reduction started happening.
About the 6th month mark, I noticed some areas with no hair there. At present below my knees, I can’t find any hairs. Of course in the past I also did some home electrolysis there, so maybe they just needed a little more persuasion to be gone. Mustache and beard area, was never touched by electrolysis as I was not real great at getting that thin needle in the pore. After the start of my 2nd cartridge, which was close to a month under 11 months, of daily flashing, I noticed small patches around my nose that have no sign of hair. At present I probably have around 30 hairs total left out of a few hundred. That is an estimate only as I have never counted all of them.
I just have been diligently working away from face to toes every day. I flash my face almost every day, but of course is on 1 notch above first LED. If you knew me last year, you would definitely know there is a difference. Even though I was never severely hairy, it was way more than what is left now. Reason I went this route, is it is affordable. If I had more money, believe me, I would be waiting for the local Electrolysist to open her doors. The amount of time I have spent getting this far, could have had me totally hairless probably 10X over.
The directions are a joke, especially if your hair grows every week and not bi-monthly. In fact, I honestly do not know anyone that is so lucky that their facial and body hair does not grow in a few days to a week. If you play it safe as the directions go, most times will be completely inaffective. I also say for us guys, Who can shave their entire body/face successfully in 10 to 15 minutes, then go onto flash their entire body/face in one hour’s time? To get any kind of success out of Flash N Go, you have to make sure the area you shave is done and done right.
My method, I shave say my face and chest at night in the bath. Then early morning, I do those areas, which is also before I bathe. Yes, I am a clean freak who bathes morning and night. Even my woman thinks is a bit much, but is not the point. Point is any success comes from a daily routine. If you are extremely lucky with say less hair regrowth, you can extend the time. Then you also have to be extremely careful what intensity you use for flashing and exposing those areas to direct sunlight after treatment.
At present I consider myself about 80% hairless. That leaves 20% to go. Out of the hairs left some are very light. Here and there I am getting very lucky and those are being affected by using less intensity like say one click on the + above normal which would be one full LED and the 2nd blinking. You also have to use caution with this unit as going over an hour will melt the plastic around the glass window on the cartridge. Yes, I did this in my haste of thinking I could do my entire body in an hour and a half. Pretty well wasted the cartridge as the window got pitted also.
Now, I probably flash only about a half hour every day, which is way way less than I ever did with my Silk-Epil 7. I used to charge that thing 2x a day. Believe me, I have a strong hatred for facial and body hair, especially on my own body. Still, at current condition if I stopped flashing, I know would now only take me about 15-20 minutes of epilating to remove what is left. So honestly, I have made it a long way. Overused on flashing? By instructions? Definitely! Instructions say 1 to 2x a month, whereas I am doing my entire body close to 3x a month. As stated I only do small areas each day, so is nowhere near a full body treatment, takes me over a week to get my full body treatment in.
Still, the rush to do it is getting less. I have had a few days, where I skipped since hair regrowth is getting slower. So, is nice. Still, you better believe if I come up with something more permanent that will complete the job in less time, I will buy it and retire the flashing bit. Til that day or all my facial and body hair never comes back, I will be flashing away.