Male shoulder and neck

Hello there,

I am a male patient. I have been struggling about my upper back and shoulder hairs. I have started my treatment last year 10/2022.

The last treatment was end of the September, 2023. That was 7th treatment. I am just worried that whether my electrolysis sessions getting successful or not. There are some pics can show you to understand. I want to get my self confidence back.

I will update my situations from here.

First photo: Before starting my treatment
Second photo: After 4 weeks from my 2nd treatment
Third photo: After 3 weeks of my 7th treatment

Second photo here:

Third photo is here:

Unfortunately, there are still tick black hair folics here. Is the electrolysis affect them well or not? I can not decide this actually??

I can see a very clear reduction in the treated area. Don’t shave the hairs. Let them grow and continue to get treatments, you’ll be done in a few months more.

Your electrologist should have explained the process. The treatment is done multiple times over approximately 18 months. You’re almost at the end, don’t stop now.

You’re seeing a reduction over time. You know this by comparing the photos. What’s the question?

I just expected to see at least full clearness with 7th session. Maybe it is my high expectation. I think I have to keep going further.

Btw, thanks for all your answers. I will try to update my situation from here. Also it can courage someone else.

Your results look great! Keep us updated

There has been significant progress. Continue the work, as you have little left. It can take 18 months to cover all cycles.
How many hours per session?
Were all hairs treated in each session?
What was your time spacing between each session?

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update.

Firstly, my 1st session was for 45 mins. It reduced to only for 5 mins.

Secondly, I got in total 15 sessions.

Thirdly, the first 3 sessions were not very tidy. Between 1st and 2nd sessions, there had been for 4 months. The first one was in November, 2022. The journey started in that time. After 3rd one, I started to go for every 3 weeks.

Fourthly, now I decided to go every month. Or little bit longer.

But I am happy about the result. Just be known maybe, I need some top up sessions. Maybe it will not.

My electrolysis expert, after 12th session, started to use blending method, which help me a lot. Because you have one bar, which you should hold at your hand or should touch your any of your body parts, then it’s effectiveness is to be increased. I think it uses more power and help kill terminal hairs.

I started to write this for giving courageous the people who suffer from the same thing. Because, I was a shy and not self confident guy. I thought my girlfriends may not like me. That changed my life. It is okay, if U want to change this situation.

Other parts of my body may have hair but I did not want my shoulder and upper back.

So that was my fight.

Do not give up, that helps a lot.

Quick question: I hope my ears will not be hairy, if something like this. What should I do? Does the electrolysis work on those areas? I do not have any for now. Because it sprout out, while getting age. But want to know now. Some parts of my body want to be hair free.

2 Likes

What a fantastic result. Since this is an area where men tend to grow hair as they age, you should expect to do some top ups throughout your life, but these should be very infrequent. You’ll end up spending much more time getting haircuts than on maintenance for this body area.

If your ears grow hair, this can also be treated very easily, so don’t worry.