Making the first time easier

It’s easier to epilate if your hair is short, like after shaving. But a few days after shaving. But once you do epilate and get yourself fairly clear of hair, the regrowth is sparse and generally fine, and touching up is a breeze and a joy really. Even feels good actually.

See my other posts.

The All New Braun Silk-épil 7 with 47 tweezers now and can be used in the bath as well, is positively (in my opinion) the best ever epilator! Three months use now, no ingrown hairs at all, and my (male) legs are silky smooth for a week at a time and the re-growth is sparse and fine. (getting finer all the time!) Love it! Works on my chest and other intimate areas too!

I watched the video and this looks like a very cool product. I might get one just for fun.

Ugh. I hate epilators.

Also, why does this feel like advertising?

Probably because it is advertising?

I never used one of those things, but there was one “tear out the hair” unit that … well, you could hold up a bank with the thing! EEEEEKKKK!

love the fact it can be used in the bath i thought that soaking hair in water made it more elastic and probably slippy and then you are going to try and pull it out with a rotary epilator did i miss something ?

I use to use an epilator and hated it because ingrowing hairs and grazes. When doing intimate bits you have to be extremely careful incase the scrotum gets jammed up in the epilator ouch! I have had 5 laser hair removal treatments with an alex and everything is feeling very smooth and far outclasses shaving, waxing and depilating. Still got some areas that have been missed i.e. strips of hair that need sorting out and some grey hair to be removed down there by electrolysis after I finish my LHR.

I am [color:#CC0000]NOT ADVERTISING[/color]!!! [color:#330099]I HAVE FOUND A PRODUCT THAT WORKS FOR ME[/color] I hate people thinking that just because I found a product that works, and I tell others, that it must be an ADVERT, stuff all of you moaners… All I was saying is that this epilator works for me and I am hair free a LOT longer (7 days!) than daily shaving!!! Stop bitching!!!

Well, when you post many times and have the same story over-and-over it LOOKS like spam. No bitching, just maybe ONE post would be enough?

^Exactly.

Having used epilators for a good 10 years and more models than I care to remember from Philips, Braun and Remington (anyone remember the rotating rubber with nicks in it??), my personal opinion is that I would not recommend them to anyone.

Sure, it all seems great in the beginning but when you start to get ingrowns, they are the most horrible sort you can get. My underarms and bikini line skin is permanently messed up from all the cysts I had.

2x. I do not know stats, and maybe there are some lucky people who do not get ingrowns after epilators, but most people sooner or later get ingrowns (for some it takes several years to get ingrowns, for some just one use).

Oh my YES,

One day, I hope and pray, I will get a “bikini line” that was not completely MANGLED from years of “waxing, ingrowns, bumps, hyperpigmentation, scars and infections.” Frankly, whenever I start such cases, I’m sometimes nauseated because of the mess I have to clean up.

My preference of working on men is only because very few of them have been “messing” with their hairs. I have a couple new big cases and it’s beautiful and great to do, and totally predictable. Nice, clean, never shaved or waxed and all the hairs are there … thanks dudes.

(Sadly, with today’s products and advertising, more and more men are screwing things up before they eventually go to electrolysis. Damned “Metros” he he he)

[color:#CC0000]Trust me Mike,

I’m on my abdomen right now with electrolysis. The work is going good, but what I’m working with is a mess. Years of rotary epilators, laser, and plucking and waxing have left it a battlefield. I simply can’t believe all the ingrowns and distorted follicles. I just told myself, forget the ingrowns, go back and get them later. I have like an ingrown day, where I just sit there with a lancet and pop everything out. Most are in telogen anyway. Hitting’s lke a 5% chance of actually killing it. Takes a while longer to do the inserts because each insertion isn’t so predictable. I was hoping to use auto-insert, but can’t. Too much pulling back and trying again.

What would make the first time easier? How about not using one at all? That would make the first time for electrolysis easier.

Anybody who doubts me, click ‘Mantaray’ > Show posts > rotary epilators. Go to this post seven years ago, 2005, about page 57 of my posts:

#22766 - 04/23/05 05:43 PM Re: very fasts regrowth, even after years of epilating

The things I know now that I didn’t know then. I still got my epilators. Two Braun Silk-epils and another brand, the one that makes the Optima. I keep them just to remind myself that we all drink the Kool-Aid once in a while.

It’s amazing, I must have rotary epilated my abdomen/chest at least fifty or seventy times at least. But, with a few focused days of electrolysis, I’m clearing it for good. It’s just amazing the time wasted.

Mantaray[/color]

This link will help them find that post faster:

Oh yes.

I have often tried to explain this effect which happened on my arms. When I was 26 I started Laser on my arms and had 5 sessions. The results were actually pretty good and the most of the hair left was fine. I would have been okay with what was left and not having to remove it but the years of epilator abuse meant that the hairs just stuck straight out. They just would not lie against the skin like they originally did. So, I had to trim and shave until the chance for electrolysis.

[color:#990000]Hey party people,

Yeah, I want to copyright the term “Sasquatch Hair”. It goes along with my “Cottage Cheese Skin” term I made up regarding the lumpiness of the skin left after rotary epilating. You see :slight_smile: , I’m a real hair removal pioneer, I invent words!

Seriously, yeah, the way the hairs grow out looks like when they try to make those dolls with life-like hair, it just never looks convincing. haha. My posts on rotary epilators get a lot more strongly worded than that one, but that’s what i found quickly. I know the epilator users, which are seemingly, mostly men (?) kind of don’t want to see this, but i really did pay my bills with those. I can talk because I went through it. I know the damage. I know electrolysis is not that big of step to take just to get rid of the hair instead of endless motorized “power plucking”.

As for all you who do this and tan, either in beds or out in the sun, look out, hyperpigmentation can happen. It gives you little tiny leopard spots after a while, and they can take years to go away. I know this because I had them.

You know what’s the saddest part of that post you linked to James? Is that I was looking forward to laser with this naive grin and a handful of cash… It’s just so ugh reading those archived posts sometimes.

Good thing though, by reading that post, I know it wasn’t the laser that gave me the triplet and doublet hairs on my abdomen. I’m glad i posted that. Its a good reference for me.

Mantaray[/color]

I still love epilators. I have a few ingrown hairs but nothing that exfoliation cannot handle. other than that I haven’t had any problems. my hairs become less and less as years pass so I will stick to using an epilator since electrolysis is way out of my budget

I think properly preparing the skin makes epilation easier the first time. The least painful way to epilate is to wax or sugar the area first and then use an epilator for maintenance. When I first epilated my underarms, it drew blood. It wasn’t a pleasant experience.

A lot of the newer epilators can be used under water. While it doesn’t work as good as dry epilation, it is a lot more bearable. I find using it with a high quality shaving cream and a lather makes the first time easier.

Yeah, we had a robbery a few days ago at the local “7-11” store.

The robber held up the store with his weapon of choice … an old “EpiLady!” Nicely he was apprehended and charged with carrying an unauthorized torture device.

I will help you find the BEST EPILATOR ? Don’t believe me? Buyer’s guide and big discount of 2016. Click here and I will prove it to you! I’m waiting http://www.epilatorjudge.com/best-epilator/