Making dense arm hair look 'thinner'

Hi,
I’m not sure if this is the correct subsection but here goes.
I have extremely thick black coarse hair all over my body, sometimes three+ hairs seem to grow from around one ‘exit point,’ particularly my arms and legs.
As its getting to summer I feel very conscious about this and avoid T-Shirts. I know I can go for the ‘bald’ look through waxing, shaving and i have an epilator but i was wondering if its possible to get a ‘moderately natural’ look on my arms in particular. I’ve tried a trimmer but its looks funny.
Its seems to be an all or nothing solution (from temporary methods anyway and i’v unsuccessfully tried laser in the past on other parts and am not overly keen on the expense)
Any advice?

Thanks for your time

Sam

Do you have dark or light skin?

Laser, when used by a skilled practitioner, can thin your arm hair out. Maybe your less than satisfying laser results are due to the practitioner lack of skill. If you dont want to try laser, electrolysis can also be used. Other than that you are limited to shaving or trimming.

RJC2001

If you are adamant and don’t want to give laser a try for your arms, I would definitely recommend electrolysis, with a speedy thermolysis practioner. The great thing about electrolysis, is the selectivity factor. Since we work on one hair at a time anyway, we can select those thick, pigmented hairs only and pass over the the lighter, smaller hairs to give you that thinned out look. It certainly looks more natural than that waxy, manican look you get when you wax or shave.

Another thing I would like to pass on to you: I do have a couple electrolysis clients who had their arms lased who are very satisfied with the results. All looked good to me as far as skin condition and hair count afterwards. The only complaint they had was the expense of it all.

Dee

If you are adamant and don’t want to give laser a try for your arms, I would definitely recommend electrolysis, with a speedy thermolysis practioner. The great thing about electrolysis, is the selectivity factor. Since we work on one hair at a time anyway, we can select those thick, pigmented hairs only and pass over the the lighter, smaller hairs to give you that thinned out look. It certainly looks more natural than that waxy, manican look you get when you wax or shave.

Another thing I would like to pass on to you: I do have a couple electrolysis clients who had their arms lased who are very satisfied with the results. All looked good to me as far as skin condition and hair count afterwards. The only complaint they had was the expense of it all.

Dee

Does electrolysis cause much scabbing on the upper and lower arms? How would it compare to the armpits?

RJC2001

Scabbing is dependent on the skill of the practitioner, the machine used, and the post treatment care practiced by the client. Staying in the air conditioning during summer treatments is also a good idea, as excessive sweating could cause scabbing all by itself.

Nice post. Thank you very much for this post.