Machine recomendations

In this post you can find a detailed account of my DIY experience, but TLDR: started with Clean & Easy One Touch, then built this machine and used it with a switched Sterex needle holder and Ballet gold needles. I cleared successfully my arms and in my neck, so I’m familiarized with insertions. Now I want a faster machine. I would use it on my legs, underarms, and, once I feel comfortable using it, on my tummy, back and face.

Here in Spain I’ve found some second hand Apilus machines: the Apilus Electropil Senior (my preferred choice, though I don’t know if it is an overkill), the Apilus Junior and the Apilus Cleo. I would ask about the maintenance before buying. However, I still feel quite lost. I’ve heard some bad things about the Apilus machines in regard to the use of the blend technique, but it’s the only professional machine I’ve experienced, and I also have been told that it is the most painless option.

I’ve seen that Texas Electrolysis Supply ships internationally and has many refurbished epilators. Do any of you think that one of them would be of interest for someone like me?

So, basically:

• Price range: 1500€ and under.
  • I’m okay with second hand machines in good conditions.
  • I live in Spain. This has to be taken into account regarding the shipping and maintenance of the machine.
  • I’m not a professional, so it would be better if it’s not an extremely complicated machine or prone to be unsafe or in need of constant maintenance. Also, it would be difficult for me to contact brands and specialized sellers, since they only talk to professionals.
  • I don’t intend to use it professionally on other people.

Thanks in advance!

Gentronics. VERY robust machines with a mild current. I’ve got two silhouette tone machines as well, I’m not crazy about them but they get the job done.

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for answering! I didn’t know anything about Gentronics. I’ve tried to find some information on the internet, but have not found much, mostly about a multi needle model that wouldn’t be suitable for me. There are some refurbished Gentronics machines on Texas Electrolysis Supply (like this one and this one), though I don’t know their prices and I’m a little worried about shipping and maintenance. Please, could you tell me which model do you recommend? I’m so lost!

Many of the older epilators shown on the TES site are no longer in circulation.

1 Like

Oooh, okay, that explains it! Would you have any recommendations for my current situation? I’ve mostly found old Apilus, Sorisa and Depilplus machines here in Spain, like this one. Do you think any of them would be a good choice for me?

Companies that made these machines no longer support them or they have gone out of business. You might want to check and see if TES still repairs machines. A few years ago I heard they discontinued this service. A used machine that cannot be repaired could last 10 minutes or 10 years. Buy at your own risk.

1 Like

Understood, I’ll try to find something anyway. Thank you for the info!

Hi diyer, I sell a nice modern efficient machine from my business Elite Probes, which I think would suit you exactly . I am happy to ship to Spain and there should be no maintenance needed of the machine as I have used my one the same for electrolysis and blemish removals for over 25 years with no problems. My mob no is 07399397901 Happy to help - I’m based in the UK. The machine is made in the UK by a very large beauty machine company Regards Gillian H