lower back hair

I am a woman with a large patch of of hair on my lower back. This is very embarassing for me. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what is the best way to take care of it. I would like to go to a professional and get it waxed but am too embarrassed to go. Any suggestions?

Since shaving would be difficult, and would leave stubble, and waxing would make the hair thicker and perhaps more plentiful in the end, you should get it permanently removed with electrolysis.

You should even be able to clear the entire area in an hour or 3 depending on the modality, skill of practitioner and equipment used.

After that, you should only need to maintain the area once a month or 3, and will be done with it forever in 9 to 18 monts. Total treatment time may be under 6 hours spread out over 18 months.

[ February 25, 2003, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]

I have the same thing-- the area is called the sacrum, and it’s not that uncommon for women to have hair here.

As James said, shaving is a bit of a hassle. I wax mine, thouugh I had some electrolysis to thin it out. Waxing lets you avoid the stubble/shadow issues you get with shaving. If you are limber, you can wax it yourself, but it’s a bit of a pain in the lower back. I just go to a pro.