looking in the Toronto area

Does anyone have any “words of wisdom” to pass on?? I am looking into laser hair removal and there are a number of clinics in the Toronto/Mississauga area. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations of places that are good, and also any warnings of places to stay away from!

Thanks in advance!

I, too, am searching for a laser hair removal clinic. I have no first-hand or second-hand knowledge - yet.

I found www.solish.com on the web. The Women’s College Hospital is a reputable one in Toronto, but I am fearful the fees are high. I need to contact them to find out more info.

And I got the following reply from:
d3@laser-hairremoval.ca

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> Hello:
the laser treatments are done by me (Lucie Desrochers).
the number of sessions will be approximately 5 per area.
bikini area (regular) is $250., lower legs (incl. toes) $400.,
armpits are $125. plus GST.
package price for multiple ares yes.
The prices are according to skin surface area.
bikini line (regular) has no negative side-effect.
for more information about laser,
visit: www.HairTell.com
thanks for your inquiry </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>…which led me to this website.

On February 4, 2003, Andrea responded to daredevil

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> The hairfreeclinics.com site makes a lot of overpromise and marketing hype. I’d watch out-- anyone who talks up their laser so much over the other ones is usually a bit too aggressive in trying to get your money instead of giving you good service.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Please let me know if you got any information not posted here! Thanks and good luck! :smile:

An article on Flare magazine, April 2003 (Canadian publication) discusses laser hair removal on page 100-106. It mentions a Dr Lisa Kellett at SpaMedica on 66 Avenue Road in Toronto.