Looking For: Used Electrolysis Machine in Canada

That Clare blend would be wonderful for a DIY, very forgiving and good with healing. It takes a little longer for epilatation timing but you will not run into pitting or scabbing with machine. I used that machine for 21 years and made $600,000 US

How I wish my Hinkel had a digital display and up and down dials.
I think this type of setup lets you dial in currents more precisely and quicker.

Hinkel prototyped a digital or computerized machine many years ago called Delilah, but it never made it out of the lab.

1 Like

Yes, and I used it a little bit … it looked like something that BO (Bang & Olufsen) would produce … e.g., my old receiver

Yes, I remember seeing one grainy black and white photo of Delilah, cannot remember where. Back then I knew people on the inside (perhaps I was not supposed to see it). It is still hard to fathom that A. R. Hinkel Co. is gone. I never thought I would live to see the day.

I have a feeling Mr. Hinkel would regret that he sold a company to people that had little interest to lead in the industry and just gave up.

If it looked as sleek as this player then it was a very forward thinking design that would still fit the aesthetics of our ‘modern times.”

I can absolutely guarantee that statement …

Hinkel sold the company to someone that worked for him for many years.

I’m taking my training in Montreal :canada: in Nov.

I’m also looking for a used machine (at my age, I won’t have a long career in the business, so doesn’t make sense to buy new as I’d never recupe the cost - as I live in a rural area in Nova Scotia and not a big city).

Do you think you’ll have any, when I’m ready? Or can refer me to someone who does?

Thanks!

True. Bill Schuler worked for Hinkel and their families were close friends. Bill got his first hair cut from Art Hinkel (as an infant) and was friends with Hinkel’s son Tony. Bill sold the company several years ago … bad move … and the new owners totally gave up on producing machines, servicing machines AND would not even allow TES to buy their left-over stock so he could repair Hinkel machines. In my opinion the new owners trashed the company and helped sink the blend method. Sad. When I think about it, it makes me angry; decades of work down the drain. And now, even worse, the Hinkel text is out of print and the copyright owner (Hinkel’s daughter) refuses to re-print the book … so, that’s dead too. New information is that the daughter is dead too.

What’s up with that? What’s the reason the daughter would refuse to print his texts? It’s amazing how Instantron was able to lead in electrolgy industry for generations running the company as a family business. Is it not ironic that copyright laws which protect the creation of the author also send their works into dustbin of history.

No kidding fenix. Indeed, there were many electrology companies that were mostly family affairs. Nearly all went defunct because family members died or had other personal reasons. Instantron it still going … but like other companies I have my fears about not living-on. Eventually we will end up with one company … a real company … dominating the entire profession. And yes, that day is nearly here.

A big problem that I have seen developing for decades, is the crushing new regulations that are constantly thrown at manufacturers. There is no place, or possibility, for actual new devices because virtually nobody could weather, or pay for, the governmental requirements. Small potentially innovative companies won’t even try.

Similarly, right now the AEA is producing more entrance requirements for potential new members: They propose an in-depth written examination on entry (maybe even the actual CPE exam). Indeed, they are raising the stakes again and will end up limiting membership. Rules and regulations always end-up killing just about everything. And in the case of the AEA, killing themselves.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, fully programable, still in production, serviced by the manufacturer, I think the ST250 is hard to beat. New ones are available in your area, but being so widely used there are many reasonably priced used ones as well.
Over the last 8 months I’ve spent hundreds of hours with mine, we’ve become good friends, and it bothers me that she don’t get the cred she deserve.