Looking for an Electrologist in Toronto or Ontario

Hello Hairtell community,

I’m looking for an electrologist in Toronto or anywhere in Canada.
I’m interested in full-body and marathon electrolysis.
Even an electrologist worldwide that is able to perform full-body/marathon.

Thank you,

Di

I’m in Ottawa but wont do large cases from Toronto anymore. Electrolysis is a progressive process and large areas take a long time and also regular treatments. unless such a client was willing to go as far as relocating the drive every week from Toronto to ottawa to repeat the treatment will absolutely exhaust you mentally and physically. Also note that local anesthetic via injection is not available in canada.
I REGULARLY get requests for good electrologists in the Toronto area. I dont have any I recommend at this point, and none who will take on large session or marathon electrolysis.Also note that Toronto electrologists are all closed right now due to lockdowns across southern Ontario

1 Like

I’m looking for one for the near future, sometime in a year or two.

I’m willing to fly every week by plane from Toronto to Ottawa, etc. in the future.

Sorry you will have to find someone else, i wouldnt take the case. The stress of and expense of the travel required would lead to all the same things, missed/short cancellation appointments and a frustrated customer and electrologist.

Hi Di,

Personal recommendations from my own treatments in Toronto are below. Both are very busy electrologists and have been in the industry for many years.

1. Darina and her daughter Rita are both very professional, experienced, humble and nice!
    They share an office space:
    416-972-1539
    2340 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M6P 4A9, Canada

2. Gabriela (such a sweet, kind and hardworking woman!)
    http://www.advanced-electrolysis.on.ca/
    416-724-7512
    11103 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1B 3T7

1 Like

Thank you so much for the recommendations!

Way to pay forward HairFree!! Most excellent of you to help di with her question.

I agree with Seana. Staying local is best. Out of town appointments can be frustrating and time sucking for both client and electrologist because of the amount of effort required to see the process through. The extra expense for the client adds to the bill. I’ve had more than my share of frustration with people that fly from anywhere to see me. They need marathon sessions usually and there seems to always be a problem thrown into the mix between getting on the table and off the table. I prefer local, defined as within 3-5 hours.

Unfortunately I too am familiar with some Toronto electrologists . There are one or two good ones. But it’s a tough market, commercial space is at a premium and it reflects in the price of service. In order to pay for that commercial space the poor electrologist has to keep that space filled all the time with every client they can get in the door. To do even one large session of electrolysis is a big ask. as the electrologist has a lot of other clients and cant give preference to one large client, who might have to cancel ( leaving them with a large lot of unsold time)
This past summer I attempted to find one for a doctor who had been coming to me in Ottawa from Scarborough/Toronto who also had PCOS. She was my second or third regular client in for large amount of electrolysis from Toronto and used about 90 minutes to 2 hours week in electrolysis due to her PCOS condition. I wasnt able to find an electrologist for her in Toronto that could dedicate even that much time to a single client. The strain however it put on this poor Doctor, financially, time wise, and then the pandemic, all of these things took their toll on her mental health.
Due to the lockdowns in Ontario right now, it’s a tough time for your electroysis firm right now. We are staring down another 5-6 months of Lockdown starting now. Many of us, wont survive it. There’s very little help for businesses as small as ours to do things like pay for commercial rent. I know my lease is up in February, and there’s serious question we will reopen after. I’m retreating to my home and many Toronto Area Electrologists, will be in similar financial straits. Dont expect more than 10% of electrolysis clinics to still be there in the spring. That $10K-$20K monthly rent is impossible to pay when you are closed and we all suffered less demand and lack of consumer confidence all year long due to the pandemic.

A little late to the game here, but I am located in Cobourg Ontario (owner of Hilltop Electrolysis & PathWays: your MTF transition partner). VERY reasonable rates due location.

I do marathon, full body electrolysis sessions. I am able to reserve you hotels, arrange meals and conduct 8 hour sessions per day. Generally, these sessions are conducted from Friday through Monday.

Hope this is helpful! Feel free to contact me directly via my contact page:
www.pathwaysmtf.com (pricing for marathon sessions is posted on this website - I service ALL folks & body types)

Elizabeth Boileau

I’m just going to say I know Elizabeth personally and have no reservations about the electrolysis at hilltop Electrolysis. Elizabeth and her partner are very active in our FCEA ontario chapter as well and I’ve been pointing some of my toronto inquiries to them lately. Good to see you on hairtell Elizabeth!

1 Like