Lightsheer Settings - Help please!

Hi all!

I have just booked for my first appointment for underarms using the lightsheer diode.

I have very pale skin, type II, and thick, dark hair. What treatment settings should I be looking for? I’ll be asking for spot tests, but I want to be sure they start out with good settings.

Thanks!

LightSheer diode can have three spot sizes- 9mm(ET), 12mm(XC) and 2235mm(HS). LightSheer DUET has two of these spot sizes- 9mm and 2235mm. Ask them which one they would be using.

Assuming they would use the 9mm spot size and considering your skin type and hair, I’d say you should be treated at 30ms (pulse width) and at least 35J (fluence). After 2-3 sessions, they can set the pulse width to AUTO mode as the hair density would be less.

Please find out which model of LightSheer they’re using. It makes a difference. You should also ask THEM what they’re planning to use and post here for feedback. They can see you in person.

Okay, so they’re using the EP (which is an older model I think?). I gather it is the 9x9 spot size as well, with pulse width 5-30ms.

It’ll be a while before I go for my first treatment - early March - but I’ll update then on the experience and what they treat at. I was so anxious to get an idea of settings and to be able to compare what is recommended vs what they suggest, because I’ve had another clinic treat at very inappropriate settings in the past.