Light Heat Energy (LHE) hair removal

Hello! I hope you can help me with this, I’m not sure if this is the right section for it but I couldn’t see anything better…

I’m just back from my first consultation appointment at an electrolysist. She recommended that, as I have quite a bit of hair to get rid of, I start off with this LHE and then follow up with electrolysis. She said that it was sort of like laser, but more advanced (Hence the forum choice), that it would permanently kill any active follicles like laser would, and that it worked even on lighter hairs.

This sounds really good to me, because I had been considering laser but since I’m blonde it didn’t seem like it would work… If this LHE actually gives as good results, it’d be great!

The thing is, I can’t find any information about it at all on the web… I’m somewhat skeptical because it just sounds too good to be true. It seems that ‘LHE’ is trademarked to the company that makes it, Radiancy, and they have some explanation about it on their site here:

http://www.radiancy.com/int/lhehair.htm

I’d really like to believe it’s real, but since the only information I’ve been able to find about it is from people who are selling it I’m wary… Can anyone help at all, please?

Incidentally, I’m not just interested in this because it’s fast or convenient. Electrolysis costs £1 per minute, and LHE costs £65 per session (With a 20% discount for 6 sessions). If LHE can clear most of the face, it would probably be a lot more cost effective than electrolysis, even if I need electrolysis to take care of stubborn or very light hairs.

Thank you for any help you can give!

you are correct to be suspicious. this will not work on your blond hair. it’s just an IPL device. they market it to “treat all hair, even blond”, but it’s not true in reality. don’t waste your money on it and just go straight with electrolysis. there is no good “laser or laser-like” solution that actually works on blond hair out there yet.