Lidocaine shots

What is the closest electrology center to Atlanta that administers lidocaine shots? not the cream, that does nothing for me. I know of a place called Electrology 3000 in Dallas, but I was wondering if there’s anywhere closer.

I’m getting it done on the upper lip, so there’s no way in hell I’m doing it without being completely numb. Been there, done that, never again. Lidocaine shots are a must.

There is no where closer i am aware of.There is but 2 electrolysis clinics in north america that offer this service I’m aware of, one in chicago ( about you ) and e3000. Neither has a particularly good reputation for results.There are tons of electrologists who practise locally in georgia and NC which would be far better options.

If you are only doing the upper lip this should be no problem. Any dentist can do a “nerve block” that will numb the lip (but not the sides of the lip very well … not too painful there).

The only potential problem is that you might want more work than is safe. The numbed upper lip is probably the number one area where clients/electrologists get in trouble … by being too aggressive.

Have the treatment and then wait a couple months for the follow-up … do not work longer than your electrologist recommends for a “non-numb” upper lip. (The anesthetic also masks all signs of overtreatment … so this is a nasty risk.)

You won’t feel the injection at all (area is pr-enumbed with gel) … ZERO! Depending on what is used, you can expect 1.25 hours (the usual 2% Lido WITH epi) to much longer (Marcaine with epi). Just tell the dentist how long you want the numbness to last.

the dentist is not gonna just numb me for the hell of it! i’d need a dental-related reason, would i not? what non-extreme dental procedures do they numb you for?
i’ve already booked my appointment with the place in dallas, anyway and i’ve booked my flight, but if i need another round, the above questions i just asked would be useful to know.

what are the risks if over-treated?

Despite attempts, I have not managed to convince a dentist anywhere in canada to do nerve blocks on someone not undergoing a dental proceedure for the purposes of electrolysis.Most seem to think it unethical. Except in very small local markets, I dont expect this to be a effective strategy.

Doctors and dentists don’t want to take the risk of being sued, and they certainly don’t want to do harm, so they are not going to participate in something that might set them up for litigation and sleepless nights.

If it were to be approved specifically for hair removal by a licensing board, then we might see some movement towards physicians and dentists numbing areas with lidocaine, generally speaking.

Why are focusing on dentists? The medical cosmetics field is booming! You should focus on dermatology/plastic surgeons, better yet pain management/anesthesiologists who do these type of shots regularly. I have seen stories online of clients paying anesthesiologists to come to their electrologists to do twilight sleep/light anesthesia services. Yes it is expensive service, but the point is there are options other than dentists. You can do research and see if you have Nurse practitioners or PAs with anesthesia training, their services should cost cheaper.

I can tell you why in regards to Canada fenix. Here our health care is paid for by our provincial health plan ( OHIP in Ontario) . All medical proceedures. In order to be lawfully able to prescribe, administer and bill OHIP for a lidocaine injection it would have to be for a MEDICAL purpose and done so by an actual medical doctor. Such would not be covered as an elective cosmetic procedure.Yes nurse practitioners can prescribe, they are not able to inject lidocaine to my knowledge nor supervise injections for electrolysis.“Medical Esthetics” does not grant that practitioner the lawful ability to administer what would be considered a “noxious substance” .

The same goes for other types of injections as well. A good example of this is “eve’s laser clinic” a local place ( yeah I have actually talked to this woman before) . Here’s an article about it:

So, up here at least, we have to dot all our I’s and cross our T’s .

Dentists however DO have the ability to administer and supervise lidocaine injections abecause they are in fact medically trained doctors. IT’s just that none of them are willing.

Seana

In Canada a dermatologist who performs electrolysis is not allowed to administer pain management because electrolysis is not a medical procedure? So patients have to suffer through pain of elective cosmetic procedures like fillers or botox since those have no medical purpose?