Lidocaine Injections

Does anyone have a list of or know of electrologists between San Diego and Los Angeles that use numbing injections? I can only think of 1 or 2 tops, and I’m sure there are others, so if anyone knows of some, that would be great. Thank you.

The only electrologists in the U.S. that I ever heard of who use lidocaine injections for pain management is Michael Bono and Electrology 3000 place. If others are using these methods, they sure are good at hiding their services.

izapem.com – website mentions dental blocks

aboutyouhairremoval.com – website mentions Lidocaine as well as intravenous sedation “twilight sleep”

just to clarify, both that I mentioned above are in suburbs of Chicago

I know of the E3000 place, but that’s pretty far. I know of 2 in LA, one I didn’t have a good experience with, and the other I’ve heard good things about but is expensive. I love my current electrologist but there’s just some places that are way too painful to do without the lidocaine.

Thank you Sigma for the Chicago references. Unfortunately, that’s too far from me.

You’re welcome, Brenton. At the risk of being redundant, but just for the sake of mentioning, have you and your electrologist considered other options that are available, such as –

– insulated probes

– traditional pharmacies that compound lidocaine with other “caines” to produce the strongest topical creme available without a prescription, and applying this starting out two hours ahead of time, covering the treatment area with plastic wrap

– this can vary with the individual and the treatment area, but sometimes blend might be more comfortable than thermolysis; this is not offered as a universal truth, just something to consider

BTW, San Diego is beautiful year-round, but just for the sake of mentioning…Chicago is a great place to visit in the summertime…brutal winters but no “June gloom”

Do you know anything about this electrologist’s skills, particularly about kill rate from clearances?
She sounds like a very dedicated professional. More electrologists should be this dedicated to provide pain management with M.D. partnerships.

Hello fenix,

I don’t have any firsthand knowledge, I learned of this electrolysis practice from an internet search.

I haven’t tried that stronger “caine” drug but I know what you’re talking about – the one that you can get at compounding pharmacies. I think you still need a doctor to call it in, but I have the sheet to do that. I haven’t tried that one. I didn’t really want to spend all the money on it if it wasn’t going to help, but maybe this one is worth a try. The pain area is on my back though which makes the plastic wrap part difficult. I can ask my electrologist to put it on, so maybe I’ll consider it (I’d still prefer the injections personally).

I went to college in Iowa so I’m quite familiar with the brutal winter that you speak of! I still really enjoy Chicago

injections or numbing for elctrolysis really is not necessary you get a tiny sting no pain at all perhaps they are using too high a heat if its causing you pain that you need to have an injection before the session?

Helen the amount of discomfort from electrolysis varies widely with modality and body area, so no what you say isnt fair to say. I have one client that uses a lidocaine cream,but she has gone without it as well before. The middle of the neck can be an excruciating place to have blend, and I’ve reached my tolerances there before.

Fenix, given the time they have put into making sure it’s known they are a trans-friendly space gave me notice , I agree they seem posative.

Seana

I don’t have any experience with prescription topicals, be they pharmacy-compounded or pharma-packaged.

My own experience with the non-prescription (at least here in Illinois) topicals is that the OTC pharmacy-compounded stuff is considerably more effective than the OTC packaged lidocaine.

If this is for your back, it would be dangerous to apply any topical over a large surface area. What would be a small enough area of the back to which a topical could be applied safely for a treatment session? I wouldn’t take any chances.

I respect your experience, about work on the back being painful for you. My own experience has been that back work has been almost painless for me. On the other hand, like many other people, I have found work just under the nostril to be extremely painful. So I know that my nervous system is working!

I think Helen’s reply to you was driven by concern, that possibly the back work that you have received was unnecessarily uncomfortable?

Susan Laird’s website mentions using ice for pain control, might be worth a try.

There’s some days that it’s not painful, and some days where it is. was hoping to be able to use lidocaine injections to not have to worry about what kind of day it’s going to be. I only have a 3-4 hour appointment at a time, so the amount of lidocaine I’d apply isn’t very large, and is more for the very painful areas (for me right now, that’s right on the sides of the nape of the neck and the shoulder blade thus far. I just seem to be more sensitive than most