LHE technology

Hi, does anyone know much about LHE (light heat energy) technology for hair removal by Radiancy Inc (www.radiancy.ca)?
The beauty salon I go to has a “life-time guaranteed” package for this form of hair removal.
Which means after the treatment (12 sessions initially 3 weeks apart). If there is hair regrowth in the future due to hormonal changes etc, one can have future treatments for free!
However I am especially concerned over whether this method would be safe in the long term if applied to the underarms.
Afterall that’s where some lymph nodes are isn’t it?
Thanks to all comments :smile:

LHE is the trademark technology of Radiancy. It utilises both Light & heat. In laser only light is utilised & not heat. Practically it is an IPL. In a medical hands (trained Dermatologist) LHE works better. Side effects are same as there in IPL.

I would carefully read the “Lifetime Guarantee” if I were you. These types of documents are well known (after the fact) for their weasle clauses. There are several stories here about people whose guarantees were evoked, and soon REVOKED, leaving them hairy, and angry.

In another post, one of our readers shares the letter a L.A.S.E.R. clinic sent:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in San Diego Laser Center. Each individual is different from the other so in order for us to give you an accurate cost, we like for our patients to come in for a consult so we can meet you and discuss the treatments in person. Our consult fee is $30 which is applied to your first paid laser treatment.

We perform hair removal treatments on numerous parts of the body for men and women. The average number of treatments needed is usually at least 3 treatments. Our goal is to stop hair regrowth with 3 treatments. We try very hard to achieve this goal. The average cost per treatment for the buttock area is between $350 - $600.

Our company policy requires all new patients to put down a $30 deposit to book your appointment. The deposit is non-refundable if you cancel or no show less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, otherwise your $30 deposit will be applied to your consultation fee or paid laser treatment.

You can reach us at (888) 735-2737 or (619) 299-4440. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully can meet you in person. If you decide to call and make an appointment, please let the receptionist know you received this e-mail from me.

Thank you.

Name and address deleted out of kindness

I have to say that the number of weasle clauses in this letter are making my red flags go up, and the sirens and bells, and whistles go off the chart!

Legally speaking, the numbers 20, 40, and infinity qualify as an average of at least 3. The semantic value is, “We have never cleared anyone with 2 treatments, but at the same time, we DON’T say that we have cleared ANYBODY in 3 treatments either! We are not responsible for your wishful assumptions”

They even make the strange to the average ear statement “Our goal is to stop hair regrowth with 3 treatments. We try very hard to achieve this goal. The average cost per treatment for the buttock area is between $350 - $600.” That statment is like saying, we want to fly like Superman, we try very hard to fly like Superman, and you can’t sue us for failing to successfully fly like Superman. We only promised to try very very hard. The cost to view one of our attempts to fly like Superman is somewhere between $350 -$600."

This is the kind of thing that most people are talking about when they say L.A.S.E.R. practitioners misrepresent their service.

[ April 21, 2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]

James is right on the mark with his answer. I presently treated a medical doctor who had such treatment after she spent plenty of money. I treated her with thermolysis on her face and she looks like a new born baby today.

I am hoping that “Dr. M” will soon give her experience on this forum. Please in the mean time read very, very carefully the site ElectrolysisInformation.com before you have any kind of treatments.