Legitimate Electrolysis Machines on Ebay Part 4

After 53 Pages on the part 3, it is high time — WAY PAST DUE to restart this thread.
Hopefully, we can keep this HairTell grand tradition going.

Apilus 3G Junior in Ireland!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apilus-3G-Junior-Electrolysis-Machine-/111820317111?hash=item1a0902a1b7:g:gVIAAOSw5VFWQPeG

Dynatechnics Epp Plus Depilex in The Philippines! $600.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynatechnics-EPP-Electrolysis-Plus-Depilex-/252173871044?hash=item3ab6bbe7c4:g:1UoAAOSwjVVVhI8X

Fischer Micromatic Seven in ALASKA! $500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-FISCHER-MICROMATIC-EPILATOR-M-7-Electrolysis-Machine-Hair-Removal-/321923313678?hash=item4af41ff00e:g:8TsAAOSwGzlTwilA

One of My Favorite Electrolysis Text Books A steal at $55
Cosmetic & Medical Electrology by Meharg & Richards (it looks like it is the first edition, but as there is no picture, and the info given is sketchy, it could be the updated 2nd edition

Silhoue-Tone VMC in Arkansas $2,100

Silhouet-Tone VMC in New York $2,500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequentium-VMC-By-Silhouet-Tone-Electrolysis-Epilator-Newest-Model-/191737673760?hash=item2ca474b820:g:O1MAAOSwPcVV1qoM

Apilus 3G Junior in Oregon $3,400

Apilus Junior in Virginia $2,500

Apilus Junior in New York $2,000
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apilus-Electropil-Junior-/231752962550?hash=item35f58d91f6:g:Y1sAAOSwEgVWR6uw

Warning, thermolysis only unit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Rockmans-Depilator-Super-617D-Epilator-Hair-Removal-Electrolysis-/221786745986?hash=item33a3852c82:g:RloAAOSwv0tVaN6G

Since I find so many more, and at better prices, on kijiji , I’ll have to put together a current list for there too. We’ve had a lot of new DIY’ers and starting electrologists of late, so timing is appropriate.

Seana

Full setup in Ontario for $3800 including a apilus senior very similar in vintage to my sm-500:

Zeiss Microscope for $3000 ( anyone want to get me a christmas gift?:slight_smile: :

Entire setup including a sil-tone st-350, unknown price?:

15 probe galvanic machine for $700:

Depilamatic Mk10 for $100:

Fischer CBX for $1200:

Apilus Senior II $2650 :

Sil-tone sequentium 328

Proteus ep 2000 for $200:

That’ll do for Ontario, I’ll check quebec a little later…

Seana

Quebec:

Siltone SB-8 $320 :

Senior II $1200:

Apilus Junior $600

Apilus Platinum Pure $2800 :

Apilus Junior $300 :

Apilus Senior 3g $3200 :

Apilus SX-500 $1450 :

Apilus Junior plus $950

A[pilus Senior II $2000 :

Apilus Junior $1100 :

Apilus Senior II $2000 neg :

Apilus Senior $1700

Apilus Senior Ii $1900

VMC sequentium $999

sil-tone VMC $2200:

Sil-tone ST-250 $500

Sil-tone Sequentium 328 $150:

Sil Tone ( cant be chuffed to check model) $1100

sil-tone sequentium $400

Fischer Comp[u-blend $450 :

ST250 :

Sil-tone blend 128 $750:

Sil-tone SB8 $500

sil-tone sequentium 128 $850:

apilus Junior $1100

Sil-tone ST-250 $700:

sil tone servi-blend $240:

Well that ought to keep a few busy looking. There’s a few I didnt bother to copy over.

Seana

Heavens to Mergatroid!

Why are there so many Apilusus (or is that “Apili”) for sale? Lots of Sil-tones too. (And one lonely Fischer?)

I didnt list all of them, and searching for "electrolysis " in quebec gets 0 result. That’s just the apilus, cause I searched on Apilus. Had I searched “Electrolyse” then results would have been better.I didnt list all the listings, after a while I was skipping over a boatlad of siltones, fischers and gentronics. You will see more apilus and sil-tomes in quebec though, because both companies have headquarters there.

Seana

My humble opinion is many have upgraded to the Apilus Platinum Pure or to the Apilus Xcell Pro and want to sell these older models with less features.

Sil-Tone introduced the new 5HD a couple years ago, so the same thing is probably happening - electrologists want to sell their backups or older version Sil-Tones to get the newer technology. Does that sound like a plausible explanation?

Also, Sil-Tone doesn’t sell or service the VMC anymore, which means to me that I would not want to spend $2,200 to buy that VMC that is listed.

I can tell you that what I am seeing now for machines, is about the same as what I saw 2-3 years ago, no difference. Quebec is always like this, and I’ve commented on it before.

I had a lengthy conversation with a silhouette tone rep about the new evo 5 machine they have as i have a VMC and also realize what Dee is saying, they’ve taken them off the market. I drilled the rep about the new machine and I couldn’t get a good answer about why the 5 MHz was better. When the VMC came out it was all the rage for maximizing efficiency and comfort and now they are saying 5 MHz does the same? How can this be? She couldn’t explain it. I think it’s all just gibberish sales talk.

I own a VMC, but I don’t use it anymore, even though I loved that epilator for its functionality and comfort. I used the 5HD for a couple months and I liked the VMC much better, but over all, I am in extreme “love” with the epilator I use now, the XCell Pro, for many reasons, but I especially like their management program.

I liked certain features on the 5HD, like the touch screen. Physically, it is very cute and easy to use. I won’t go into the narrative that I shared with the Sil-Tone rep about things that I thought they could incorporate to bring it to what I would like personally.

God bless that VMC! It was on par with the Apilus SX 500. I’m sad that it has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

I noticed that Hinkel company stopped selling all of their epilators but last year their website AR-Fischer still had all models offered. It now makes sense because anywhere you turn in electrolysis world, Dectro epilators are dominating the market. I’m curious how many models does Sil-Tone sell annually when most if not all electrology schools in the U.S. promote Dectro epilators.

I would like to hear some comparisons between Apilus Platinum and Sil-Tone 5HD.

I cant afford to upgrade epilators very often, but was always glad i got an apilus.