Laurier probes no longer manufactured

First, I want to thank Andrea for all her hard work of late. She is doing more than her part to keep up witht he question. I myself have been quite booked up with clients of late, so I’m not getting to things quite as much as I’d like. It seems like the format changes have stopped some of our professionals from posting. I hope they come back! Andrea is awesome, but she cannt provide the skilled knowledge that our professionals can.

The second part of this post, if to bring some sad news.I just this morning recieved a phone call fom an Alabama electrologist who has posted here in the past. He had some questions for me on the protec probes I use. He also unfortunately informed me of Mike Roy’s passing from stage 4 cancer, and that Laurier Probes has ceased selling/manufacturing the probes.They are no longer available.

As I know that a great many of the professionals here use and swear by Laurier probes, this contribution to electrology will surely be missed.

I would like to send my condolences to Mike Roys family. Mike and I didnt exactly get along.Actually, I’d long ago sworn never to allow a Laurier probe into my office ( to my detriment, as they are reported to have been excellent) . Despite my disagreements with Mike, I would like to send my sincerest condolences to his family.

He did however make what is known to be amoung the best electrolysis instruments made. He will be missed by many. The question of whether someone else will begin making the probe, is moot, as I’ve just found out the owner of ballet also passed suddenly away 2 weeks ago leaving behind 2 late teen sons.As well the signature IBP probe design will have been patented, so it wouldnt be lawful for someone else to start making them.

All of which leaves a giant hole in the North American market for electrolysis probes and a real opportunity for someone with good manufacturing skills as their is an unfulfilled hole in the market.

Seana

1 Like

Thank you for this update. I contacted Laurier through their site last week to let them know about a question on the new forum. This is very sad news indeed.

Adding his Facebook profile. No info there.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.roy.5680

EDIT: Hairadicator reports this as well: Laurier Probes No Longer Available

Hairadicator is who let me know. They’ve spoken to TES who have confirmed the probes are no longer available.

WoW RIP Mike Roy. Condolences to his family and friends. So much to reflect on. I had many years of treatments done with IBP and respected the electrologists who took on costs to provide best possible treatments to their clients.
How we wish there is continuity planned from the innovators in already narrow electrology world.
Is Ballet also going to go out of business or it’s a large company that will survive?

1 Like

I don’t think Mike Roy’s family wanted anything announced about his death.

It is very difficult not to honor and praise this great man. At least their wishes were respected for two weeks. You can’t expect people to be silent about this kind man. He deserves all the words of love he has received. I will miss his wit, but most of all, we have lost a great mind. Mike knew everything about electrolysis and he always shared his knowledge. I have been so deflated by this sad news. He was like a beloved family member. I will NEVER forget him.

His probes are no more.

1 Like

This is very sad news: we lost both an expert in Electrolysis and the best probe brand I know so far. In Europe also great professionals used to work with Laurier probes.

I hope someone will manufacture again IBP by an other brand.

1 Like

Mike Roy was generous with his time and knowledge ummm, except for the manufacturing secrets… Alas, many of us had his private cell and could call him and troubleshoot problems and exchange ideas. His probes were always evolving. Not only were his probes superior, he also made probes by special order. I still use a MPG sometimes and he manufactured probes perfectly suited for my Gentronics. I was amazed that he was willing to produce a probe in very small quantities for a price that reflected his generosity. What a tribute to his dad who created the probe - because he wanted to end the distress caused by unwanted hair. Everyone know that story? The bearded woman who committed suicide? It was that situation that affected the Roy family so much that inspired them to build a “better mousetrap” so to speak.