latest hair removal laser called "naturalase"

has anyone heard of this laser. the clinic i went for a consultation said it was the newest and in his opinion the best laser to date. he said it’s been around for a year and apparently has the rights to in canada. he claims it’s safe for all skin types, even tanned skin, no blistering or pigmentation complications as with the other lasers, it does not require pain releiver. the clinic is called HairFree laser skin clinic in toronto, Canada. Has anyone ever heard of this laser or used it. Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Ask and you shall receive!

Hairfacts: Naturalase by Focus Medical

It’s an Nd:YAG general purpose lasers. Nd:YAGs are OK, but they’re probably not as effective as diodes and alexandrites, based on published and anecdotal data. They’re better for darker skin tones and may have fewer side effects in general.

Newest and best? Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. The sales pitch you got sounds a little overblown, in mine! :wink:

That’s a Q-switched YAG, isn’t that the same thing as the Soft Light? I would be skeptical of that laser.

You would be better off with a long-pulse Nd:YAG like the Sciton. A better option for lighter skin types would be the Lightsheer or the Apogee.

RJC2001

Oh lord! :fearful: If its the same as the Soft Light then DONT go for it!! I had 6 soft light treatments and it had no effect whatsoever!

People write here for information and ignore it even when treated people tell them how bad the laser or flashlamp is. There are good operators and poor operators. They all believe they are HOT SHOTS and take your money but you get no guarantee. Sue them to get reimbursed or report them to a consumer group, local Police department (for fraud) and you will get your money back.

May I suggest that you go to the sites: ElectrolysisInformation.com and AAMEE.com and read them carefully, especially the data on Laser Hair Removal.

This forum is very fair on the subject. I studied the subject of hair growth and permanent hair removal for 46 years. The only method of Permanent Hair Removal is Electrology. Laser can remove hair permanently in a few cases and it is not cost effective in any case, for the patient.
Great income for the practitioner.

Over the cost of time even waxing can cause permanent hair removal, especially if the patient is over 55 years of age, when the rejuvenation of cell production is reduced substantially.

Our office receives about 2 new patients per week that had previous laser treatment up to 5 years. I am in contact with full time electrologists around the world and they are all witnessing the same phenomenon.

If all electrologists were educated and trained well and doing proficient treatment, there would be no need for laser.

Of course this can be said for any of the medical professions. Unfortunately the public suffers and sites like this are coming to their rescue.

1. Your name: John Lee

2. Your company name: Focus Medical

3. Your work email: John_B_Lee@NAturaLase.com

4. Your work address: 23 Francis j Clarke circle

5. Your work phone: 2037308885

6. Your occupation: Engineer / CEO
    Manufacturer

7. Your title: CEO

8. FDA definition of permanent hair reduction and hair removal:

The term “hair removal” or “removal of unwanted hair” is the general
claim given to lasers and light systems that have either provided
clinical data or are technologically equivalent to devices that have
provided clinical data demonstrating hair removal (usually a minimum
loss of 30% compared to baseline counts) 3 months after the end of
treatment.

The hair reduction claim specifically stated is " to effect stable,
long-term or permanent hair reduction where permanent hair reduction is
defined as a long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs regrowing
after a treatment regime". In this case clinical data was used to
establish that the number of hairs counted at 6, 9, and 12 months
following the ending of the treatment regime were essentially the same
thus demonstrating a “permanent reduction” over an extended period of
time. In this case most device required from 3-5 treatments before such
a reduction occurs.

Originally we required the full statement as given above for the
permanent reduction claim but over time we have become somewhat less
rigid since the number of devices having this claim has grown
significantly.

The above is directly from the FDA with no editing.

Focus Medical manufactures the following:
NaturaLase LP a Permanent Hair Reduction system. The technology is a
Long Pulse Nd:YAG laser system.

NaturaLight a flash lamp system that is a Permanent Hair Reduction
system. The technology is a Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser system.

NaturaLase QS a hair removal laser system that has advantages in gentle
treatment and dark skin applications. It is not a permanent hair
reduction system.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about these
technologies that might be better answered by an engineer who won’t fast
talk a subject.
John Lee