laser

I had my first laser treatment two days ago. I’m wondering how long it will be before I will see any results. Should the visible dark hairs on my chin disappear after the first treatment or is that too much to hope for?

after your treatment, the hair will shed within 3 weeks or so. After that you will have a 3-4 week hairfree period before the next batch of hair that was dormant before starts growing in. Overall, you will need 5-6 treatments to get rid of most of it. I’m surprised you are not aware of these basics. Makes me question your tech and where you go to get treatments…

lagirl: could you recommend any place in LA ? Please !!!

i believe we started a post here and on other forums for LA clinics. You can use the search option on every forum for “Los Angeles”. I use Dr Babapour in Beverly Hills. He has GentleLASE and I’ve had very good results. You can read about my experience under a thread called “Update on my results so far”. HairlessinLA on this forum has had good results at Epione in Beverly Hills, but it’s been a while so they might have changed lasers. Not sure what they use now. I tried Dr Brandeis as well and didn’t like him – almost got no results from that one treatment. Other places that others are going to are Celebre in Torrance, they have both a LightSheer and a Yag laser. There is a chain clinic Aestheticure in the valley and Beverly Hills. They use GentleLASE Plus. Don’t know how good they are…they’re pretty strong sales people over there, so that turned me off. I personally prefer personal attention and interest in my results, so that’s why I’m going with a private clinic/doctor. He’s a dermatologist. And I’ve had good results, so no complaints there.

There are TONS of places in LA for laser hair removal. I don’t have feedback for other places though. If you do have consultations at others, please come back and let us know what your experience was. I suggest you educate yourself on lasers beforehand so you can judge better if they know what they’re doing.