Laser stimulated growth

Hey there,

Apologies if this has previously been covered already, but this is my first post.

I had a fair amount of hair on my upper lip that I bleached for years, and decided to buy a home IPL which was great… but has now stimulated hair growth in excess, and is making my life a misery. I am now considering electrolysis to permanently get rid of it and am in the research stage of finding a reputable electrologist in my area (Leeds).

I was hoping to gain some insight from you guys in regard to how long the process takes from the first session to seeing results, and could it make the problem worse if I find any old electrologist in some beauty clinic? I am trying to find good reviews on a reputable electologist but I’m struggling to find any in my area, although there are alot of clinics around.

I have previously read that laser previous to electrolysis would help results, however I am terrified to worsen my situation as laser has already made my lip ten times hairier than before!

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

P x

You want to look for an electrologist who is certified, I suggest a few years experience. I suggest you go with whoever has the better magnification - I prefer microscopes but not many use these. You will want to go to someone who will thoroughly explain the procedure to you and explain that it may take up to a year (sometimes longer depending on your hairs and temporary methods used) You shouldn’t feel like you are being stabbed by the probe, you will only feel the current. You should not feel the hairs being tweezed out. If you feel them being tweezed, find someone who won’t tweeze. The only way electrolysis will ever make anything worse is by a poor electrologist who tweezes the hair. If you have a good electrologist, it will be the best decision you ever made. Try visiting a few places and see how they differ and how there sterilization procedures are. Make sure they only use disposable needles, gloves and sterilize there forceps. If you have to drive an hour away for someone better, go for it! I know of clients who drive 2 hours.