Laser on thighs?

Hello,

Do you think I will be a good candidate for laser hair removal on my thighs ?
Iam scared on paradoxical hypertrichosis regrowth as Im the perfect candidate for it : olive ton, middle eastern, hormonal problems and I have fine black hair not coarse.
It’s just impossible to do electrolysis i have too much hair.

Do a small test patch and give it time to see what happens.

Thank you! Does a single session on a patch test will be enough to see if im a good candidate for laser?
I heard that laser can induce regrowth after multiple sessions

It doesnt have to take several sessions. It can be noticed from a patch test.
As an additional consideration, look into hypopigmentation as well which may well be a concern with your skin tone.

I do both Laser and Electrolysis so I have no bias towards one modality or the other. Inner thighs where the pubic hair can extend down works well. The fine hairs in the front of the thighs are questionable. I often talk people out of doing the fine hair on the thighs. I have never seen increased growth on thighs due to laser. Patchiness yes. I only do areas I know will give results. For faces, Electrolysis is my go to modality. Though when doing a full dark beard I often do a few sessions of laser to reduce and complete with Electrolysis. In regards to your skin tone, I run both an Alexandrite and a 1064 yag but hair thickness and colour are extremely important. Fine hair just won’t give any real results with laser. The energy levels should be at the highest point without skin damage. Laser at low levels will increase and elongate vellus hair. No pain laser is a no result laser. I have 31 years of Electrolysis experience and 19 years of laser. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you ! Iam planning on doing my bikini and my legs hair with laser for now. As you said you’ve never seen an increased on thighs, is it possible to have an increase on the butt cheeks vellus hair with a bikini laser removal ? I really have peach fuzz all over my body.

Peach fuzz and laser don’t work well. You have to have realistic expectations. Bikini, Underarms and lower legs work extremely well. Thighs as discussed before. Buttock can become patchy with elongated vellus hair. Peri oral works well. In my consult I talk about realistic expectations of what laser can do. Expect to get a reduction, what percentage is variable. Expect to have a treatment once or twice a year to maintain hairlessness. Do not go to places that advertise pain free. Do not go to a place because of the lower price. Look for clinic that has longevity and low staff turn around. Expect redness, swelling, a rash like appearance and itchiness after your treatment which will resolve in 3 to 14 days.
Electrolysis and Lasers work wonderfully together in the hands of an experienced and educated professional.

2 Likes

What a wonderful post … thanks for that simple, realistic and concise explanation. This one should be memorialized.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Joyce, I find the information you provided to be very, very honest and accurate. I agree with all of your points that you have provided this consumer and other consumers with very valuable information. Thank you for sharing your expertise on Hairtell. Smooch!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. :tulip:

1 Like

Do my bikini regularly, Haven’t used anything better than this 6 Best Bikini Trimmers (Spring 2022) – Reviews & Buying Guide. I don’t do laser because scar tissue and burns can occur if these therapies are not administered with caution.