Laser not working - opinions please!

I am new to the forum and have been reading threads all morning. People seem very knowledgeable here, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

I am very light skinned with blonde hair, but have brown to black hairs on my chin and a few sparse ones on my neck and upper lip. I settled on tweezing as the dark hairs became noticeable, but started going for professional laser treatments when “as they became noticeable” became daily. I now know tweezing made the hair growth worse.

I am now beyond 7 treatments and it seems to have made little difference on my chin, though after only 3-4 treatments the dark hairs on my neck and upper lip were greatly reduced or gone. The technician is board certified and she uses a Candela GentleLase Alexandrite laser. Much of my chin hair is extremely coarse grey or white hair, or coarse dark hair with a white or colorless root. The laser technician says the laser cannot “see” these hairs in order to “zap” them, but insists there are still dark hairs with dark roots there that can be treated with the laser.

I would not mind the expense of these monthly treatments if it were actually working, but I’m at the point now that I feel like I am just throwing my money away. I looked into some at home laser devices such as the Epila, Xemos, No!No!, and TRIA (simply for economic reasons), but after reading reviews here, it seems those would just be another way to waste money and time.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice you can give me.

You need electrolysis! Laser is only good for dense coarse hair that is very dark. Electrolysis removes all types of hair and is the solution of choice for female facial hair. You should stop wasting your money on laser for this area and switch to electrolysis. Check out the electrolysis section of this forum for help on finding the best person with good equipment in your area.

Wow, thank you for the quick reply. I have been wondering about electrolysis but dont know much about it - only that it can be very expensive. But if it truly is a solution, it may be worth the cost. I will check out the info you have here.

May I ask how much you have spent for laser? If you are uncomfortable answering, it is certainly okay.

“Expensive” is relative. If you’re willing to pay for laser, you probably won’t find electrolysis any more expensive, though it will require more visits. Plus, isn’t it expensive to spend money on something that’s not working and has no chance of working?